Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thank You Notes and Bride Fun!


Don't you just love these notes? Simple and sweet. We are RUNNING through some thank you notes these days so I had to order some more. We are down to 3!
Fo reelz!

We are writing them as the gifts roll in. I think the UPS people know something is up since they're at our house 3x's a day. Seriously.

The best part is?? Brad is helping! I know some of my other friends had challenges with their soon to be hubbies writing thank you notes but not Brad!

He's writing the notes to all his people and I'm writing mine! Isn't that great? I've encouraged him to write them now instead of waiting until after the wedding so it's not so overwhelming.

I'm BIG on thank you notes. They are a must. I don't think enough people encourage their kids to write thanks you's but I tell you what -- when I have children I will make them write thank you's to relatives for gifts they receive for Christmas, birthdays, etc.

What do you Moms do?

Switching topics. My friend Beth has continued the wedding day countdown for me and I have recieved some super fun stuff in the mail!

Yesterday it was this... The Bridessentials kit. Full of stuff you need for the big day. Sewing kit, blue straws, comb, etc. 26 things.. You get the idea.


Then last week. It was a pair of these! I know CoCo is jealous. Don't you just LOVE Hanky Pankies? I do! I will totally be strolling down the aisle in these!

Well, gotta run but Happy Humpday!

7 comments:

starnes family said...

I write thank you notes for the kids until they can write. Then, they help me. Carter co-wrote ours from Christmas......I do my best to make this an absolute essential part of gift receiving.

You and I are old school, Dee!

How sweet is your darling friend who is sending the gifts?! I love what she's doing. Precious!

The Jones Family said...

I was just thinking the same thing about what a wonderful friend you have! It's so neat that she is doing that for you! What a very special friend!

Love the thank you's, very cute!

I'm horrible at this; I'll be honest. Horrible!

donatelli98 said...

I am right there with you and Casey - thank you notes are a must. I was raised writing them and still do - for everything! Chatty writes a lot of hers (with guidance and spelling from me). My kids will continue to write them as long as I am in charge! I think more people need to realize the importance of thank you notes, I think it is kind a long lost form of good manners! Mr. ESPN din't help with our weddng ones, but I think that is awesome Brad is! I was like you and wrote them as they came in - much less overwhelming.

Love your sweet gifts from your girlfriend! So fun!

Coco said...

I am a freak about thank you notes and bringing "thank you for letting me stay with you" goodies to friend's homes. Hostess gifts and the like. NOBODY does this anymore. Drives me crazy.
Those notes are precious. My kids and myself all have personalized thank you notes.

It is old school but I am never going to stop.

And yes, I am SOOOOO jealous of your bride hanky pankys. I don't have baby blue. Boo-hoo.

Sara said...

Thank you notes are definitely a MUST!!! And I'm so glad you're doing it as you go. I waited until we got back from the honeymoon and it took ME (no, Trey did not help) forever. I was also very unorganized at age 23 and I still obsess over the fact that I know I forgot some people and to this day, they're probably thinking: Sara didn't even have the courtesy to write me a thank you note. Ugh..still bothers me! So...kudos to you!!

Hudson has his own stationary and I'll write them until he can.

Super cute Hanky Panky's...love em!

SASS said...

I'm awesome at thank-yous. My mom would ground us until we finished them. I still have nightmares.
I write the girls in their handwriting. Sometimes I even draw pictures. Yes, I'm serious.
I need some bridal gear! LOVE some laciness on my ass!

Chardonnay said...

Thank you notes are SO, SO important! Def. something our kids will do often.