Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tribute to NOLA...The Saints

I am still so excited that the New Orleans Saints are going to the SuperBowl. I have seen some awesome stories done on the networks news channels this week about the journey of NOLA and where they are today.

The Dome was severly damaged during Katrina and the Saints played in another state for a year and even played games at LSU Tiger Stadium, which some people were weird about. There was even talk that Tom Benson would take the Saints and leave New Orleans.

Anyway - today they are still in New Orleans and they are NFC champs and how inspirational the entire story is. My cousin just sent me this link to another video that you must..must...must check out. Put a tear in my eye.

Again, I live in Charlotte but grew up in South Louisiana(Baton Rouge). While I've never been a die-hard Saints fan I've done my share of cheering for them.

Check out this picture of the first year I moved to Charlotte. My friend Jodee came to visit me for the Saints vs. Panthers game. Jodee is a DIE-HARD Saints fan.

It was this year -- I sported black and gold.

Then -- 6-years later. I sported Panthers Blue in the Dome. (one of the first games after the Dome opened after Katrina).
Yes..yes.. after moving to Charlotte and seeing the Panthers go to the SuperBowl I became partial to them.

I'll never forget what Jodee said before we went the Saints vs. Panthers game this New Years Eve.
'Are you really going to wear blue???!!'

All in all -- I love both teams. Panthers and the Saints! And.. when it comes to the SuperBowl I will have black and gold on!

3 comments:

starnes family said...

Love Jodee!!!!

I'm so excited for the Saints. It's a victory for New Orleans and that thrills me. They've come so far.

Sara said...

Awesome video! I've only been to NOLA once (Widespread Panic Halloween show) and loved it. Can't wait to go back again.

I'm a die hard Cowboy fan, but I'll be cheering for the Saints all the way in the Super Bowl!

SASS said...

I wish I liked sports. Or understood them.

Cute headband!!