Monday, August 17, 2009

Fleur De Lis


Anyone who knows me knows that I just LOVE, love fleur de lis! Maybe it comes from my years of living in Louisiana? I have paperweights, lamps, dish towels, earrings, necklaces, etc with this symbol on it.

So, I decided to register for a set of four of these champagne flutes from Jon Margeaux's collection. It's the only glassware I registered for.

I have tons of crystal that was given to me by my Mother and didn't see the need to register for more -- but believe it or not? I don't have one champagne glass.

Brad told me when we were looking at glassware ofn Saturday. "Do you know why you don't have champagne flutes? Because you only drink champagne twice a year!".

LOL!

NOT!! I love having mimosas on special holidays but have always served them in my wine glasses. So, can you say Cheers!?

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Alexis said...

I don't think I have any champagne flutes either! I have the old fashioned coupes. wish I could have a glass right about now...

starnes family said...

Blake and I registered for 4 champagne flutes and have used them probably twice in almost 10 years. I didn't even unpack them when we moved here. :)

LOVE fleur de lis, too......they're popular everywhere in decor right now, but I insist that only true Lousianans know the actual origin.

Merry Mack said...

Well, lucky me, it looks like you and I are wine glass swapping buddies and you either planted the hint or I have one. Champagne is the most overlooked cocktail. I love it and I will have to send recipes and maybe my favorite bottle too. You can e mail me at merrymack.com@gmail.com. I am going to start catching up on your blog now.

The Lenzers said...

I actually drink almost as much champagne as wine...almost! but would you believe that when we got married 4 years ago we had 24+ wine glasses. i am drinking a glass right now out of my last one...good thing mark is not here to want a glass with me. i guess it's time to buy more.

donatelli98 said...

Love Fleur de lis - would love to find some cute items with it to decorate my home, just haven't gotten to it. I have a set of 4 - we used ours for our toast and maybe a couple times since then. These are super cute and would look great displayed in a china cabinet, hutch, etc.