But..going back to why I'm not a Vday fan.
I remember these days:
* The only girl from high school NEVER getting flowers delivered to school.
* The few times I did have a boyfriend during high school it was so new it was weird and I didn't know what to do and neither did he. I would always get him a cookie cake and a balloon.
* College sucked too. Same as above minus the cookie cake and/or drinks instead.
* Out of college was a lot years by myself. A.LOT!
* One year I dated several different guys. Some serious but some not. I never even got a card.
Not that I *need* things but when every other chick gets something it makes you feel weird and like a loser(see above for high school).
My Dad even sent me roses as a "An Admirer" this year. It wasn't until recently that I figured out that it was him.
* Then I got a real boyfriend who I really liked. He did it right for the most part. Wine, roses, a nice card. He ended up sucking in the long run. Sorry, if you're reading this.
* I met THE ONE...
Our first Valentine's Day was spent in Lake Tahoe just a mere few months after we started dating.
My old stomping ground if you are not familiar.
I was stoked to have him experience Reno-Tahoe and this was our first REAL vacation together. It was fun..we learned a lot about each other.
A total fun and memorable experience!
Needless to say...one year later we were getting married and one year later we are about to celebrat our one year wedding anniversary.
WHAT..WHAT!!??? I got married in the month of Valentine's Day despite my dislike of it.So..BE.IT!!