Monday, February 21, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

Longest 1-year anniversary celebration ever? Maybe...
As you know we went to Charleston, SC a few weeks ago as an early celebration but giving that yesterday was our actual anniversary we celebrated this weekend too.

It started with a day trip on Saturday to Lexington, NC where we visited artist Bob Timberlake's gallery. We decided to buy one of Bob's pieces for our anniversary. It's our 'paper' gift. Works for me!!

Afterwards, we stopped by Childress Vineyards for lunch.

Not sure why blogger won't cooperate sometimes! argh..

Yummy!

Then on Sunday, our actual anniversary, I took our cake topper out of the freezer. It's a tradition that Brad wasn't into AT.ALL.
He thought it was dumb that we even kept it. But.. I wanted to do it.
I have to say -- not too terrible but not worth wasting the calories on.

Buddy doesn't count calories though and was happy to indulge!

Later on in the evening, I showered Brad with a few 'fun' gifts. One being a lunchbox. Stupid? No, see..
Now that he's working Uptown he's packing lunch but we were having a hard time finding him a 'manly' lunchbox. I finally found one at Marshall's.
I also gave him a gift certificate to an Uptown men's spa of sorts. Thanks Annie for the suggestion!

We had planned on using one of our gift cards and going out to dinner but then realized the restaurant is closed on Sundays!
So, we stayed in and cooked steak, risotto and brussell sprouts. We even ate off our china for the 2nd time in a week!(Valentine's day we ate on it too)
Sort of fun!

A colleague of mine gave me the cool idea of taking a picture of the two of us at every anniversary and keepthem in an album.
Her and her hubby do this every year(they've been married 10 years) and she says it's cool to go back and look at them.
So, here's our first picture. Don't mind my red face -- I had been over a hot pot of risotto getting my stir on.

Several family and friends sent us cards for our anniversary. Last weekend Brad's parents bought us a nice bottle of wine and today the doorbell rang and my parents sent us flowers.

A nice end to a great weekend!! My Mom had the florist that did our wedding flowers recreate something similar to what we had on our big day.
Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Here's to many years to come!

14 comments:

Monica said...

Wow that's crazy that it's already been a year! I remember when we were both planning our big days! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

That was so nice of your parents - hope you had a great one! Happy Anniversary!!

If the shoe FITZ said...

love the meal at home...makes me want to make risotto!
one whole year! so exciting...
congrats!

MCW said...

What a great weekend!!! xo

starnes family said...

Love the anniversary gifts from your parents. So sweet!

Nikki said...

What a fun celebration! Love that your Mom recreated your flowers, great idea!

Annie said...

Awww I was waiting patiently all day yesterday for this! :)

SO glad yall had a fun weekend! The flowers are gorgeous and looks like yall had a nice dinner too! :)

Anonymous said...

Y'all are so cute! glad y'all had a great anniversary weekend!

The Jones Family said...

Sounds like a great weekend of celebrating! Happy Anniversary again!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary lovey!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

donatelli98 said...

The flowers are gorgeous!! Glad you had a great anniversary!!!

I Do Declare said...

I'm so glad you had a fun weekend. I love the picture idea - wish I had started that. The flowers from your parents are very pretty!

DSS said...

What a lovely anniversary celebration! I adore the idea of taking a picture of the two of you each year on your special day :) So cute!

And you know, even though eating out is nice...sometimes eating in is even better.

Jo said...

I'm sorry I missed wishing you Happy Anniversary! Hope the two of you had a wonderful evening together. So sweet that both parents celebrated with gift.

Wishing you many many happy years together!

Jo