Thursday, February 10, 2011

Scents Past and Present

I'm copying off a bloggy friend whose blog, Newlyweds Next Door, I just adore reading. Go check her out by clicking here.
She's a cute blonde living the life in Southern California with her hubby enjoying snow skiing, cheering on USC, being a pet parent and more.

Today she posted about the different scents she has worn throughout her life. I too, am one of the people who can remember what perfume I wore at different stages in my life.

I can smell them to this day and memories flood me from high school, college, my time out West, etc.

Are you the same way?

The first perfume I remember wearing was Giorgio Beverly Hills. Who else remembers the popularity of this perfume?
It was Jr. High school for me. It was during that time that Guess Jeans, Coca-Cola shirts and Swatch watches were the bomb. Not to mention those school Esprit drawstring bags.

My Mom also wore this scent.

Then I moved onto several different perfumes throughout the years. Ralph Lauren(original, Romance), Calvin Klein(CK1 and others)and then around 15-years ago I found this scent.

Jessica McClintock.
I left and tried several Givenchy scents for a while but found every single one of them caused me to break out in a rash despite my love of the scent.

So, I'm back to my favorite. JM.

What scent do you wear? Have you worn it for a long time? What scent do you remember best?
Happy Thursday! It's Valentine's Day weekend and we're planning on spending it wine tasting with my in-laws. Awesome!!

15 comments:

MCW said...

I actually never wear perfume...can't stand smelling on myself all day!

starnes family said...

I wear one from Banana Republic. Bought it a few years ago and it's lasted forever. I wear it sparingly, though. LOVE it. Get compliments all the time. Think it's called Rosewood.

Oh, I remember Beautiful most. I adored it in high school.

Drakkar for me! And, Laugerfeld.

Blake wears the best ever, Brooks Brothers. So yummy.

Lindsay @ whimsy.girl said...

Chloe was a favorite back in the day. Now I wear MAC (turquoise bottle) and Burberry! Love them both!

Deviled Megs said...

I remember how ecstatic I was one christmas to get the Debbie Gibson Electric Youth perfume. And not gonna lie, I still wear Love's Baby Soft from time to time and it reminds me of dances I went to in 8th grade.

Dee said...

I wore Paul Sebastian Design for years and recently the last couple of times that I've put it on I couldn't take the smell of it. I had to jump in the shower just to wash it off. Now I wear CK Euphoria and Ed Hardy Love Kills Slowly. Every now and then I wear DKNY Delicious too.

The Jones Family said...

I've been wearing the same perfumes for over 7 years now, Angel. I mix it up with Juicy and Marc Jacobs.

I use to wear Romance a lot. I totally remember being young and wearing Sunflower or even one called 279 that my mom would buy me.

The Lenzers said...

I wore Beautiful in high school too! And Red for a while. I went through a HAPPY phase also. I have hardly worn perfume in the last 6 years. When I was first prego, I couldn't handle it. Then I was nursing and had heard you shouldn't change your scent. So the last bottle I have had for several years!

Nikki said...

I'm lame. I only remember baby soft and the one I currently wear.

But men's cologne reminds me of certain "stages" of my life ;)

I Do Declare said...

Oh, I can totally relate to - smells can take me back to a moment in time so quickly (just like songs!)

I loved Love's Baby Soft in elementary school, by middle school it was Exclamation! and I think my first HS scent was Liz Claiborne. Then, Victoria's Secret peach....haaa!

Now I go back + forth between Romance and Marc Jacobs (name of it, I dont even know!).

Very, very cute post idea!

FROGGITY! said...

hey there! checking in on everyone today. :)

i started wearing twirl by kate spade, loves it!

Christi said...

I wore GAP dream forever! I still smell it and the perfume my Mom used to wear and it brings back memories!

Sara said...

I wore Beautiful in high school too!

I found Quelques Fleur during my freshman year of college and have never worn anything other than that since! LOVE it. It's expensive, but it lasts a long time.

Newlywed Next Door said...

Thanks of the shoutout. I love remember times, places, and feelings through scent. :)

Lyns said...

What a fun topic, Dee! I remember absolutely coveting a purple bottle of some Elizabeth Taylor scent. I think it was Passion? My neighbor--who seemed to have everything--had it, and I was so jealous.

I hardly ever wear it anymore, but Coco Chanel has been my favorite since high school.

And I can still smell my ninth grade crush drenched in Drakkar every morning by the high school lockers...he looked hot and smelled delicious! Too bad he was smart as a box of hair...

Lyns said...

Oops, I just remembered, it was Poison, not Passion. They ran ads with ET where she said, "Poison is my potion." This would have been the time she was married to Larry the handyman, me thinks?