Friday, February 4, 2011

Random Rambling

TGIF! What a couple of weeks! It's been hectic in our world but at least we're not snowed in like much of the country.
Just a cold rain here today and then the sun is set to come back out tomorrow.

* Just in time for Brad and I to enjoy these sites this weekend. Can you guess the location?
An early 1-year anniversary celebration. Brad's first visit. Good times.

* One of my co-workers had a big scare with their pooch. They found a mass on her leg and which turned out to be a cancerous tumor. They were originally told she would only live 6-months but then it turned out that it was not aggresive and amputated her leg and she's fine.

Here she is! Eva -- the tri-pawed dog! She came home last Saturday and is doing great. She can't run or anything yet but she says she's in good spirits and has adjusted well.

I find the whole thing interesting and inspiring. I heart dogs.

* I was suppose to get my hair cut this week but there was some sort of mix up with my appointment so I have another week to wait and debate on whether or not to cut my hair.

I'm thinking this? Thoughts? As usual I've had a variety of opinions. Brad thinks cutting my hair will make me look younger but I think he says that after looking at pictures of me with short hair when I WAS younger.

* A friend of mine is having a baby girl in a month. She’s one of the most generous, thoughtful people I know. A friend of hers offered to throw her a baby shower set for this next Saturday(Valentine’s Day weekend) but just mailed the invites on Monday. I haven’t even received mine yet. My friend decided that 10-days or less notice just isn’t enough time to give people and decided to postpone it until after the baby comes despite the invites having gone out.

My friend sent notices out on her own to alert everyone about the postponement. What do you think the proper time to send an invite out is? My personal opinion is at least 3-weeks and earlier if there are out of town guests.
* Bowling has gotten better. I’m actually hitting pins now. I’m not ready for the pros yet but at least I’m not TOTALLY embarrassing everyone. The late night call time is still hard to get used to though. Our league doesn’t START until 9pm on Thursday nights! I’m generally in my pjs by then watching Real Housewives of Whatever.

* Speaking of Real Housewives. I think the BH was the best so far. I saw in the news where they’re pushing the premiere of the New York ladies back and going with Miami instead. The Miami promo looks boring. I mentioned to my friend Alicia the other day about a possible RH of New Orleans. She said they were actually casting for that a few years ago but decided to look into other cities instead. Can you imagine?!

Happy Weekend bloggies!

12 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Ooh! I know where you are :) Have an awesome time!!!!! Hope it doesn't rain on you too much!

Love that sweet pup!

Thanks for the follow :)

The Jones Family said...

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the sun, we miss it here!

Sweet doggie!

LOVED the RH BH.

MCW said...

Your poor friend having to postpone the shower! That is very odd...I would say at least a month in advance.

I am always against cutting hair :) Long hair love!

Charleston???

Someone said...

jessica alba is finnnnnnne
-Christopher James Chaos

Lindsay @ whimsy.girl said...

Love that haircut, so sassy!! What a precious pup!!
I thought RH of BH was the best too. I love Adrienne, she was my fav. I heard they were casting for RH of Dallas but I'm not sure if that was true or not. I can only imagine the stereotypes they could find here!! ;) It would be so fun to watch!!

Allyson and Dave said...

I am throwing a shower I send out invites at least 4 weeks in advance. Sometimes more...

starnes family said...

Sweet dog. I'm so glad she's OK!

Invitations.......Lord, I could write for days on this. So few people even acknowledge them these days!

3 weeks sounds appropriate.....I think even longer for out of towners.

The Lenzers said...

Love that hair cut/style! I am sure it would be super cute on you. I say a minimum of 2 weeks on invitations but I try for 3 or even a month if it is the busy season. I would never be able to do anything that late at night. And the RHOBH was the best! I just got through watching the reunions and they crack me up. Stupid fucking Camille. PLEASE! I don't feel sorry for her 40million dollar stuck up ass! WOWZA where did that come from? That dog makes me sad. glad he is alive, but oh so sad!

love jenny xoxo said...

I'm so glad there doggie is doing alright. There's something very sweet about a 3-legged dog, what a survivor!

I hate the hair debate, I always change my mind and chicken out between scheduling the appt and actually going.

I think I will be planning a baby shower too, and I think 3 weeks sounds about right.

XOXO

SASS said...

1-the post about Preston had me in tears!! You're such a good Auntie!
2- Eva's such a good pooch!! I can't imagine going through that...as a parent, not a dog.
3-love the haircut. You're brave!!!!
4- I had a dream I was grocery shopping and ran into you...we acted like we see each other ever day!! Funny.

Unknown said...

They are doing a Real Housewives of Miami? I watch ALL of them...I totally love them.

DSS said...

What an amazing story about little Eva! I saw a dog at the dogpark this weekend with 3 legs. He/she was running all over the place, and having a lovely time :)

I looked at that style when I was getting my hair cut. The only thing is that I don't think I have enough hair (or the right texture) for that style. You, on the other hand, would have the perfect hair. I say go for it! Short hair is where it's at right now. (at least I'm telling myself that since I chopped mine off :)

I say 4 weeks notice for a shower, if possible. Quite frankly, I'm so damn busy it's likely I can't attend anything if I don't have 2 months notice. So, I try to send out invites as early as possible in case others have schedules that are just as busy.