Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Stuff and Some Scoop

A hodge podge of stuff to talk about today. First things first.
Kendra.
I got caught up on her show last night and I have to say. I like her! It's nice to see her in a real-life role as Mother rather than running around the Playboy mansion with her 'grill and pimp glass'.

I think she's grown up a lot and I LOVES her hubby Hank! (I mean he did help the Saints win the SuperBowl..right?)

Moving on..

Brad and I are hosting Easter dinner at our house and I am getting things ready. I've decided on tabletop centerpiece like this. I got the idea from this awesome blog!

Hope the Farmer's Market on Saturday has some of these babies!
Brad has been painting up a STORM! Last night he tackled the downstairs half bathroom.

I was so impressed! He got it done in 2 hours!

Getting his 'concentrate on'.

Here's the room he painted on Friday. It's our office/another guest bedroom. All I had in here before was a white down comforter and some shelves on the wall. Now the shrine to Dee hangs but I am planning on putting our wedding pictures in there.

I used one of my cute labels for the first time. My buddy Casey sent us these as a wedding gift! How nice!

We hung a few wedding pictures in our room last night. The Boys.. and The Girls. Loves it! My Mom is very ANTI having anything other than art hanging on the walls in her house but I'm a little different.

Oh.. this is old.. but still loving the new bedding we got for our master bedroom.

These are my new favorite things to eat. You MUST try them! Love the random wine cork in the back.

I created and sent these little photo books on Shutterfly for my Maw Maw and Aunt Jane. They are pictures of our Arkansas reception. I talked to Maw Maw last night and she was so thrilled. She looked at them 3x's. I made her another one and sent it today with our wedding pictures from Charlotte.

Last but not least. Yes, me who is anti-Christmas after the New Year, still has these guys living in my house. I've contemplated throwing them away but someone has told me I can plant them outside and then bring them in during fall and they change colors? I feel bad throwing them away..Opinions?

That's it for today! Happy Humpday!

9 comments:

{Kimber} said...

I love the pics in the bedroom...my room is black and white and I have bw pics of my girlies in there! :)
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Mrs. Potts said...

Do you think he'd come over & paint for us? :)

donatelli98 said...

I love the pictures of the boys and the girls!

Sara said...

Love Kendra too! Did you see the one of her doing the photo shoot? Very normal looking and I was relieved to see the photoshop job they did on the printed version vs. what she looked like in real life. Just goes to show that all those mags photoshop the HELL out of those peeps. Makes me feel better about my lovehandles! :)

Rooms look great! And that photo album is precious. Oh and the centerpieces? Love hydrangeas!!

Coco said...

How fun. Love the "shrine to Dee" wait till y'all have kids. It gets really bad then!!

I have a friend whose mother in law is against anything but art on the walls and I just don't get it. Look at all the design blogs and magazines these days. Everything is much more casual. I love being in someones home and looking at all the fun photos and snapshots of friends and family. So I say, KEEP HANGING THEM.

My only suggestion is...go all out on frames. I hate cheap frames when used on the wall.

And yes, time to let go with the poinsettas and in with the HYDRANGEAS!! My all time favorite flower.

SASS said...

LOVE the bedding! And sweet Brad painting.
We're doing lots of hydrangeas at our wedding, I've always had a major crush on them. We have a big bush in the backyard, but ants love them, so I can't really have them inside much.

The Jones Family said...

I love personal pictures. I love the stories you can read from their pictures alone!

Precious!

I.love.Kendra! :)

The Lenzers said...

we are too similar....
hated the old kendra, love the new one-
i have tons of pics hanging, i have a hard time finding art that i like and can afford, but photos i love-
love those sandwich things, been munching on those for a few months now-
dont know what to do with your plants, surprised they are still alive

starnes family said...

I'm so glad you like the labels. Happy to see them put to good use!