Monday, March 22, 2010

My New Cooking Challenge

Happy Monday!
Today's topic?
Cookbooks.

I am not going to lie. I am a cookbook whore! I just love looking through them and probably have too many!

Here's a few -- Paula Deen(which is signed btw), even a cooking for your dog book! Lots of Jr. League cookbooks too!

Even a family cookbook from Brad's rents. This isn't my entire collection but a few.

The problem is......I don't cook out of them enough. I tend to take recipes off of blogs, etc. instead.
So, I'm making a goal for myself.

COOK ONE RECIPE A WEEK OUT OF one of my COOKBOOKS!

Here's one that I hope to cook out of in the next few. Maybe for Easter dinner?

And.. I already started! I cooked a recipe out of this book this weekend.

Grilled corn with sour cream/cheese sauce. SLAMMING good. Brad made his first prime rib too!

Why you ask? My rents were in town and we cooked Saturday night for them. Casual but good!

And.. guess what I made for me and my Mom to drink? Nothing other than CoCo's Ruby Red Slippers.
Can you say good? They were a hit!

So wish me luck on my new cooking challenge!
In other news..Check out my new arrangement for the living room! It makes me happy! It's all real too!

Hope you all had a great weekend! CIAO!

7 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Yummy. That dish with the grilled corn is so my kind of meal!

I need to cook more in general. I always say that, give it a try and then scale back again.

Good luck on your dinner for this week :)

And love the sunflowers!

Sara said...

I have TONS of cookbooks and I'm like you...I tend to grab recipes off of the internet or blogs. My brother would kill me if he knew that! Since he's the one who gives me most of my cookbooks. But he gets them for free so I don't feel so bad.

That corn looks DELISH! And Ruby Red Slippers??? YUM!

Very cute arrangement in the living room. Sunflowers always make me happy too.

starnes family said...

Love sunflowers......so Kansas!

Great challenge. My cookbooks are all boxed up....I use the internet. Miss my books!

Allyson and Dave said...

I have a ton of cookbooks that I never use. It is too much effort to cook from a cookbook during the week. And I feel like I spend two hours cooking and Dave scarfs it down in 2 minutes while working. You will have to keep us updated on your progress. Maybe you will inspire me.

The Lenzers said...

i have lots of cook books too, but suck at cooking. maybe i dont really suck, but i think i do because i don't do it enough. hard with toddlers and hubby gone...and on a budget! but that corn looked great!!

SASS said...

I have......ZERO cookbooks. About 6 months before we got engaged I realized I need one. Or several. Because I always search online and it annoys me. I'd rather have a book. My mom said she's going to have everyone bring a recipe to my bridal shower so I have a few before we get married!
Good luck with the challenge!!

If the shoe FITZ said...

I have tons too.
Since Liam's arrival and with us moving I haven't cooked much. But I am unpacking them tomorrow and can't wait to be reunited with them.
What I do is plan out the meals every Sunday and go to the store. The recipe that is the most time intensive I do on Sunday. I always try to have one meal that will make good leftovers so that I am not cooking every night. One meal is usually a casserole or a one pan/pot/dish type meal and another is usually fish or chicken with veggies.