Friday, March 26, 2010

My Feelings about Spring

TGIF!
Today's post is going to focus on my feelings about the season called Spring.

It's pretty much a love/hate relationship.

Ready..Set..Go..

I like it because I walk out of my office building and see beautiful Cherry Blossom trees. We are in full bloom here in the Carolinas and it's just gorgeous!

The Dogwoods are out too! They make me happy..truly. I am jonesin' to go on a hike right now to see the mountains in full bloom. Maybe in the next few weeks?

I hate Spring though because of scenes like this. POLLEN! YUCK! It gets so bad here. You walk out to your car and it's covered. Actually everything gets covered and I get sick because of it. I have already started taking my Allegra D as a precaution.

Brad loves opening the windows this time of year but when all this pollen starts in - I'm going to have to put the smack-down on that.

My other dislike about this season? The 'iffy' weather. One day it's 75-degrees and the next day it's snowing?
Seriously?
UGHH.. I'm just bracing for one more snow. A few years ago it actually snowed on Easter! We went to the Biltmore for the Festival of Flowers and the flowers were all ruined! So sad...

Do you like the springtime? What are your feelings?
We're doing home improvements this weekend. More to come on that on Monday! CIAO for today!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm like you. It's a love/hate relationship. Love it because of the flowers/trees, visits to the park, walking/running outside, etc... Hate it because of allergies. And poor Hudson is already on Allegra at 12 months old.
I just had lunch in the park with Trey and H and my eyes are itching now and I've sneezed about 50 times. Ugh...wish I could eliminate allergies altogether!

The Jones Family said...

Love your walk to work and the trees! How pretty!

I'm with you girls too; love/hate. I really dislike the rain and the tornado season which is approaching. Even though I've never personally been in one, they scare the crap out of me! But I do love days like today; sunny, clear skies and in the 60's!

Mrs. Potts said...

I could do without the pollen, but it is part of living here & I love living here.

We only open the windows after it rains in the spring to wash it out of the air. And we're already started on the Flonase/Zyrtec D combo!

I had a ditty to Queens road & the Bradford Pears today. :)