Saturday, May 30, 2009

Not 15-years old anymore


Well Brad and I got up and went to the local amusement park today - Carowinds!

Gosh, we were excited but quickly realized that we forgot how EXPENSIVE it is! OMG!

*$10 - parking
* $70 - tickets
* $10 - locker
* $4 - bottled water
* $7 - frozen lemonade
=$101 -- yeh.. nice eh??

We also forgot about all the rednecks and white trash that like to hang out at these parks! Overweight people with tatoos! arhgg..

I didn't take my camera because I didn't feel like keeping up with it or chance it falling out of my pocket while we were riding so TOTALLY cool rollercoasters like the one on the picture above.

Overall -- fun -- but we learned from today's adventure that we aren't 15-years anymore. We lasted about 4-hours in the heat and waiting in lines and were BEAT! I remember staying out there all day as a kid!

We are home now and getting food ready for a cookout. Turkey burgers and salad. We're still trying to shed the extra pounds.

Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

That sounds like a great Saturday! Is it not crazy how much it al costs these days. Disney is so crazy!!
Have a great evening and fabulous Sunday!
xxx me

starnes family said...

We are theme park junkies. The best way to do it is with season passes.....but we only have them because of the kids. Went this weekend for the first time. Had so much fun! A new park for us to discover. Love it!

donatelli98 said...

I know what you mean - Mr. ESPN and I love theme parks but we can't hang like we could with kids. I hope you had some Adult Juice Boxes with your cookout tonight!

The Lenzers said...

For $100 you could have gone to an air-conditioned bar and had a great buzz!!! Then Brad could have swung you around or hung you upside down if you needed a little rush!Glad you enjoyed it- I havent been to one in years!

Coco said...

How fun! Last time we went, it was the same thing. I lasted 5 hours and was a sweaty mess. AND we had spent a buttload of money.

Scary roller coasters are the best. Hubby is terrified, won't do it.

teresa-bug said...

I haven't been there in years due to the cost!! I have always wanted to try the water park, though.

Unknown said...

Glad you all had fun...I love coasters too!