Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Part II

Well, the Memorial Day holiday is officially over but my friend Dawn from NOLA is still here visiting and I’m having to work.

Oh well, we’ll do something tonight when I get off work.

The holiday weekend was fun and long! It included hiking, boating, fishing, hanging with friends and family and drinking a lot of cocktails.

As I mentioned in an earlier post we went to Brad’s parents house on High Rock Lake(45mins north of Charlotte) on Thursday night and stayed until Sunday morning.

Aside from hanging on the boats and jet ski we went hiking at Hanging Rock State Park. When we came back to Charlotte on Sunday morning we enjoyed a fun evening at our friends Stephan and Abbey’s house where they grilled and she cooked Pilipino egg rolls! Yummy!

Then Dawn arrived Sunday night and we all hung out for a bit.

Yesterday(Monday), despite the rain Dawn and I decided to go for a hike and what happened?? We got caught in a torrential downpour halfway up the mountain! Seriously…we just stood under a tree for about 15 minutes until it slowed down. We were drenched!

Then..last night we went and saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past at this TOTALLY cool and trendy theater in Uptown Charlotte. It includes a bar, restaurant..more of a club than a theater! As for the movie – cute but wait till it comes out on video.

The one thing I realized from this weekend? Time to lose some weight. I’ve got only a couple of weeks until Beth’s wedding and it’s ‘go time’ on the healthy eating..

Well – that’s it for now – here are a few pictures from the weekend. Happy Tuesday!
The Stephens' lake house. They've done a great job with the yard now that they're living there fulltime!

Right after Brad did a cannonball.

Me fishing for the first time in 25 years. Still boring as I remember.

Baby Paige's first boat ride! She did so good!

Robyn driving the boat..

Brad and Reed playing in the lake..so cute!

The flag Brad's parents bought in honor of me..the wine lover :)

Dawn and I out on Sunday night..

On the top of Crowders Mountain after getting caught in the downpour. SOAKED!

4 comments:

starnes family said...

Looks like fun! I love the name Paige. Precious.

Unknown said...

Was a fun weekend! Can't wait til Reed's bday party..will be a great day. Enjoy time with your friend!

The Lenzers said...

busy girl!!!! the lake looks like such fun. I grew up going to the lake every weekend from memorial day to labor day. Hopefully one day my kids will enjoy it too. Just need to find a friend with a boat/lake house! glad you had fun. now you need a day off to rest.

Domestic Diva said...

Those are just the best pictures..you can see that you had a fabulous weekend. Love the new back ground!
xxxxx me