Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Buddy!!


It's hard to believe that "The" Buddy is 4-years old today!!
YAY!

I'll never forget the day I got him...

I had never had a dog in my entire life before and I was SUPER nervous about being able to care for one and the responsibility of the whole thing.

I have to say though -- it is literally one of the best things I ever did.

He's my best friend and has been there through a break-up of a long-term relationship, a move, several bad dates. He's traveled with me to many mountain tops, cities, hotels and has never complained ;)

Seriously -- he has hike upwards of 8-miles and is still running down the trail in the end(except on 7/7/07 the hottest day of the year that I decided a hike would be fun)..picture below.

Here's to The Buddy! Pictures of his birthday party tomorrow! ;) CHEERS!!

Buddy through the years....no puppy pix but those will come tomorrow!
Many of the pictures are compliments of my friend Kara!


Buddy with his Aunt Dana and friend Reilly.

Buddy and his friend Macy.

Hiking Crowder's Mountain.

Buddy and his beagle cousin Copper.

Love the yawn here - we had not even started the trail yet..

Buddy jumped up this rock on a hike..so impressed!

Too much Christmas for Bud..

Linville, NC - playing in the snow...

Infamous 7/7/07 hike..100-degree day.. what was I thinking??

Taking in the view in Linville.

Buddy frisking a little girl at the Easter egg hunt at The Biltmore.

Smile! He's happy the Tigers won the national championship that year ;)

Swimming in Wilson Creek -- I was so impressed with him this day!


The Biltmore lawn on Easter.

Hiking in the Highlands,NC

Copper and Bud...

Hanging with friends! LOL! this is my favorite!

Air Dog!

Chillin at The Westin Buckhead in Atlanta on his 'Heavenly'dog bed.

3 comments:

Alayna said...

Happy Birthday from your weenie cousin, Rachel.

starnes family said...

You are such a good mom!!!!! I can only imagine how you will be with children!

Buddy got lucky when he entered your life. You did, too!

Happy Birthday to your baby.

The Lenzers said...

happy birthday buddy!!!