Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Challenge -- Walking for Aunt Bobbie


Well, I've thought about it and I've decided to participate in this year's 2-day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer! I'm doing it in memory of my Aunt Bobby who succumb to breast cancer in October 2007.

The walk is 39 miles over 2 days here in Charlotte this October. It's time to train! I will be on a team with my co-workers here at the bank, one of whom is a breast cancer survivor as of just a few months ago!

I still need to find out all the details but I know that I need to raise $1800 by October and will be calling on many of you to help out!

More to come... for now a few pictures my beloved Aunt Bobbie. Oh how I miss her!

April 2005 - Mt. Ida, Arkansas

Little Rock, Arkansas - January 2000

2 comments:

Alayna said...

do you actually walk 39 miles? Goodness. Good cause, though, for a good lady. Let me know when you start fundraising.

starnes family said...

Good for you! I love challenges like this. Let us know how we can help.