Monday, April 13, 2009

Arkansas Trip Wrap


I'm back in Charlotte...

Sorry I didn't post while gone but there wasn't real access to a computer and I opted at the last minute not to bring my laptop.

It was a good trip -- even though at times emotionally draining. As I've mentioned I went to see my Uncle David who has bone cancer and he's not improving.

They brought him home for a few days for Easter -- but as I landed back in Charlotte my Mom called and said they were taking him back to the hospital. The radiation he's received has burned his throat so much that he can't talk much less swallow food or drinks --so now he's dehydrated.

I'm hoping for the best but right now things are not looking good -- we continue to pray at this point.

I've posted a tons of pictures starting with a picture of my Uncle Jimmy cleaning fish he caught. When I arrived in town this is what he was doing. As you can see below I got to see my Uncle David but a lot of other family as well.

Oh yeh... I got to enjoy some of Hot Springs in the midst of everything.

I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Uncle Jimmy cleaning fish he caught...


The next step -- frying to little guys up! yum!

My cousin Tim waiting for some fish but getting he 'relax' on in the meantime...

The next morning I went and visited my 93-year old grandmother 'Maw Maw'. I took her lunch and she was thrilled since she doesn't get 'Meals on Wheels' on the weekends.

Then I spent the rest of the day with my Uncle David. My cousin Alayna came over and brought her dog Rachel. Uncle David just loves Rachel so this was great therapy as you can see!

Then Alayna and I headed downtown Hot Springs to the Happy Hollow spring to get some water. Hot Springs is named for the springs that come out of the ground. Residents and visitors can go and fill up as many bottles or jugs as they like in the many springs downtown.

Then a trip up North Mountain and then West Mountain. A view of downtown Hot Springs!

Alayna and I on West Mountain...

Then.. Me and Mom on Easter Sunday. It was raining cats and dogs! This is at Easter lunch at my cousin Lynn and Buster's house.

Uncle David was determined to make lunch and arrived in his motorized scooter. He just started using this now that he can't walk due to the tumors on his spine.

and.. I just love this picture.. My Aunt Jane and Uncle David who have been married for 56-years!

No comments: