Sunday, January 23, 2011

Updates and Reliving My Childhood Past

Hey bloggies! Sunday Funday around here! More on that later but I'll get right to a few updates from our world.

Budster has been getting a lot of treats lately and that makes him one happy doggy. A new organic pet store opened by our house and they are all grain free! I bought him some treats made out rabbit. He loves them.

Brad and I joined a bowling league and we started playing this past week. Two words. I.SUCK! OMG!
I have to practice. This happens everytime I get back into bowling. I have to get my groove back. It will happen.(hopefully)

I took this picture when we first got there when all the professional players were wrapping up their game.
They got mad at me because of the flash. Sorry! LOL!

Here's a few of us from our group. There are a few guys too.

We hope we can meet some other couples in our league to hang out with. Sure would be nice. I'm all about making new friends. That's nothing new though.

Brad got bored last weekend and decided to finally paint our guest bathroom and change out the cheesy light fixture.
He took this picture after he stripped all the decor down.

Here's the after. I think it looks pretty good! I'm thinking I might find an 'S' to go above the towel rack.

Now onto Sunday Funday! I've been talking for weeks now about going roller skating. It was my favorite thing to do as a junior higher. Literally, every Saturday night I would hit up Leo's Roller Land in Baton Rouge.
MyDad would never just 'drop us off' at the skating rink though. He would stay and grade papers or read while we skated. It was so embarassing! I never could figure out why he refused to let us be there alone.
Well, looking back at it I now know why. Can you guess? Dirty old or even young men. Yes.
No dirty old men at the skating rink we went to today though.
That's right! Me and my friend Amanda hit up a local rink today and got our skate on!
One of Amanda's friends owns the rink. Brad opted out of this fun adventure to sit on the couch and watch football with Buddy.
Here I am getting laced up! I had not skated since a Big Sis Lil' Sis party in college.

I was anxious at first but soon realized it was like riding a bike! Here's a picture of the rink after they made everyone exit to announce those having a birthday party there.

So FUN!! We are totally going to do this again! We skated for a couple of hours and I was reminded what a workout it really is! My butt, shins, and feet were hurting not to mention I was sweating like a pig!
I actually noticed several older couples at the rink that were there for the exercise. IPODS and all.
Amanda's friend also told us that there is one father who brings his daughter there 6 days a week and they skate together. Can you imagine? I guess the daughter totally loves it.
She also said there are entire families who come every Sunday to skate together. Cool or what?? I hope to be one of those parents that joins in on the fun instead of sitting on the sidelines. That's no fun for the kiddos!

The rink was also decked out with a play area for kids and an arcade. I racked up some tickets on skiball!
Check out the almost 3-year old next to me. When we first started playing skiball he walked up to my friend Amanda and immediatley took over her game.
I was thinking. Where are his parents? They finally ran over and got him. Smart kid. I've never seen a kid that age put tokens into a machine and press a button so fast.

Yes, go ahead and say it....I'm a dork but you know you love it!
Early crew call for me tomorrow. 6am! OUCH!
Hope you all had a great weekend!

10 comments:

MCW said...

That is awesome. Loved how you are bowling and rollerskating! Throw back to middle school!

The Jones Family said...

OMG, I want to go roller skating! How freaking fun!

Have a good week!

Annie said...

You now have me wanting to go roller skating right now!!!! How fun!

SASS said...

OMG! Love it all! You are living up to you blog name, sister! Shout out to Brad- the bath looks 100x better! Love it! An S would be darling above the towel rack.
You're going to be the best mom ever, Dee! That's what ive learned from the girls...sitting back and watching is fine, but kids love when you can have fun WITH them. Cute pictures- im jealous of your Sunday!

Deviled Megs said...

I absolutely love that you went rollerskating. Almost as much as I love the 3yo skeeball game stealer.

donatelli98 said...

So funny - we were just talking about roller skating yesterday!! I used to go all the time when I was a kid and I loved mt white skates!! If I lived in Charlotte I would totally go with you! I would pay money to see pics of Brad roller skating!!

Sara said...

Every single birthday party I had from the time I was 5 until I was probably 12 was a roller skating party...I loved it!!! We've even done a few skating parties as adults and it's hilarious.
And bowling - so fun! We used to go bowling every weekend with 3 other couples and it was a blast. Of course, we'd get shitfaced and bowl, but hey....whatever works!

Sounds like a fun, fun weekend!!! And the bathroom looks great! Love the 'S' idea above the towels. Perfect. Or a cluster of plates?? Fun times, Dee!!

Nikki said...

Phew you guys are busy bodies! Love the indoor activities though, good way to keep you moving.

Our dogs eat grain free too, but I haven't had as much luck on the treats front.

love jenny xoxo said...

An organic pet sound so cool! I would love that! I avoid Petco, not sure why but I get a bad vibe there.

Looks like you had a blast! I would love to go to a roller rink again! I haven't done that since I was little!

XOXO

starnes family said...

Well done, Brad!

Roller skating is so fun! I lived at our local rink here when I was a kid. So cute.