Wednesday, January 5, 2011

If I had won the lottery...


I'm sure most of you have heard by now that two people will split last night's Mega Millions jackpot.
One in pohdunk Washington state and another in Idaho.

A Big Bummer that it isn't Brad and I splitting it instead.

Maybe next time...
Right?

A girl can dream can't she? Let's see -- what would I do with the money if I won the lottery?

Here's my short-list:
* Pay off the town house we're living in and my old condo that we rent out. Keep them as investment properties.
* Buy our dream house here in the city.
* Buy another dream house in the NC mountains
* Furnish said houses with the help of an interior designer
* Of course, find a good investment banker and invest..invest..invest..
* Put money back for our future children's college funds
* Buy new cars
* Donate a portion to a charity of our choice. Probably something to do with veterans and cancer research.
* I know we would help family out. So we would go ahead and pay for Reeders and Paigee's college
* AND..Last but not least. Travel the United States and the rest of the world!

That's not too much is it? If I had won last night I think my first choice of vacations would be to jump on a plane to Jackson Hole and stay in the nicest resort there and ski for a week. Wouldn't that be fabulous?

What would be the first thing you would do with the money if you were to win the lotto?
Happy Humpday!

14 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Isn't it wonderful to dream about stuff like this??

No one in my family would have debt.
My munchkins would be in private school & have their college funds set up.
My mom would have a new place with someone to clean/cook for her.
Definitely money aside so I could retire whenever I wanted.
A month's vacation somewhere tropical.
Tons of money to Alzheimer's research.

Quite the list, huh?

Someone said...

why dream of heartbreak?

donatelli98 said...

Investment broker - I know a good one; College funds, furnished homes, helping family, travel, charity, lots of things. I think I would be so overwhelmed at first I wouldn't know what to do!

The Jones Family said...

My son and hubs were discussing what they would do if we won and decided the following;

T could buy a monkey and 3 dogs which would be kept in the backyard of the new house we would buy tomorrow (today) with our money!

Um, okay...

MCW said...

Would you travel to NYC and take me out to dinner so we could me???

I would buy a townhouse in NYC, DC and houses on the beach.
Personal trainer and invest!

xo

I Do Declare said...

I was so certain I was going to win, too - tragic...:) You have a good list!

Nikki said...

We stopped playing because my Husband would be so disappointed when we didn't win. He always says he would have a trust claim the money so no one would know it was him.

I would open an animal rescue I think.

FROGGITY! said...

loans and a NICE boat!!!

hope your 2011 is fabulous!!!

The Soladay Family said...

I heard this on the radio while in the shower, and I immediately imagined what I would do, and the very first thing that came to mind was giving my money back the shitload of money they lost in the Stanford Bank fraud.

The Rand's said...

Fun to dream! Great list.

Mine would be similar.

Pay off our house and cars, buy a vacation home, college funds, help out family, charity for kids and cancer and invest!

Allyson and Dave said...

If I won that kind of money I would not have a home. I would travel the world....permanently! But first I would take all of my close friends and family on an awesome safari in Africa. Because that was the best vacation I ever took and I want everyone I know to experience it.

starnes family said...

I will join you guys in Jackson Hole! Blake, too.

Coco said...

I know a GREAT financial planner. SO you winning the lottery would be a win for the Cocos as well!!

Sara said...

Here's what I would do:

1) Take all of my family and friends on a fabulous trip somewhere - chartered jet, beach, etc...
2) Buy Austin a limo and hire a driver so that he doesn't have to depend on anyone to go somewhere.
3) Give some to family, friends
4) Give some to the charities/church we support
5) Buy a house in the mountains and at the beach
6) Invest the rest to pay for college educations/private schools and the future for my little family.