Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happenings and Randomness

TGIF! It was a short one giving all the snow we received here in the Southeast. There are a lot of neighborhoods that are still iced in and several school districts canceled school again today for the 5th day!

That's a LOT of makeup days! Kids will be going to school on Saturdays, holidays..Lord help us!

Because of all the snow up in the mountains and giving that we have a long weekend --we're debating on whether or not to go skiing Sunday or Monday.

Generally MLK weekend is crazy busy but I'm sorta thinking that might not be the case this year since kids will be making up days?

Now, if only I can convince Brad.

As I mentioned earlier this week -- Buddy loved playing in our winter wonderland -- that was our backyard. Now it's just a hockey rink. Solid ice.

But, on Monday our neighbor, who has a super-nice Nikon, took some pictures of Buddy and their dog Pinky playing.

Check them out!


I love his ears in this one!! Yes, both dogs are still on their leashes. This part of our common area is way too close to the road and I'm a paranoid Mama.

Looking handsome.

I LOVE this one with the snow on his nose.

Like I said before - our backyard/common area is solid ice which makes it difficult for poochies to use the potty.
Buddy has been slipping and sliding and isn't real keen on poo-pooing on ice. I guess he's not the only one. Look what one of our neighbors did. They carved out a circle so the dogs have somewhere to go.
Brad and I joked that it's the big 'toilet'. HAHA! Sorry for the dark picture. I took this last night.

With all the cold weather we've been having Brad busted out his favorite sweatshirt. Other blog friends like Sara have posted about their hubby's favorite shirts before too.
Well, this one takes the cake. It's a hooded polo sweatshirt he got when he was 13-years old and he still wears it!
It may not look too bad from this angle..

BUT..it does from this one! He seriously wants to get patches for the arms so he can wear it in public.
NOT! Granted it is soft and I too, still have sorority party t-shirts I lounge around in because of that. But...going out in public? I think not.

Other happenings around here:
* We start playing in a bowling league this next week. Every Thursday night -- we're playing on a team with some of our friends. Should be fun. It's a first for me!
* We're about one-month from our one-year wedding anniversary. Can you believe? We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do to celebrate. We're thinking snow skiing like we did right after our wedding. I think that would be a fun tradition to do every year. Don't you?
What about gifts though? The first year is paper? Ideas? I need all the help I can get.
Have a great weekend bloggies!! CIAO!

8 comments:

MCW said...

That sweatshirt is hysterical. I have a t-shirt from middle school and both of the sleeves are ripped on the sleeves, but it is soooo soft!

So skiing for you anniversary! Great idea...

donatelli98 said...

That sweatshirt - patches - seriously? Wow! Skiing sounds like a good idea. I have no idea on the gift thing ... we don't usually do much for anniversary gifts. What about tickets to a sporting event (the ticket is paper) ...

Anonymous said...

Those EARS are awesome!!! Buddy is too cute!!! now the sweatshirt...oh my!

Nikki said...

Love Buddy's ears! He still fits in a sweatshirt he got when he was 13? That is impressive!

The Jones Family said...

That sweatshirt totally takes the cake!

Love the idea of skiing for your 1st anniversary!

Have a great weekend!

The Lenzers said...

Love the buddy pic with the ears. Mark is full of old shirts and clothes he won't get rid of. And he doesn't care where he wears them to....I finally gave it up. I like the idea of skiing but don't think you can do it every year....once you have a baby my friend things change. For paper....Mark made me a photo book from snapfish and I gave M a book on love. You could always plant a tree or something. We swap the traditional gifts with a $20-25 budget. Makes you have to really think.

SASS said...

OMG that one is BAD! How funny! I ditched all of Tony's crap stuff long ago. He wouldn't notice if I switched out his entire closet. Weirdo.
BUDDY! I love the ear pic and the snow on the nose. What is it about furbabies with snowy faces? Gets me every time.
I have to shovel the backyard for Josie. She's too short to get through the 10 inches back there!

starnes family said...

13 years old with the sweatshirt?! I love it. Brad is so cute!

Blake still wears his "labor pants" that we bought from Old Navy for $4 before Carter was born. He wanted comfy pants for the hospital stay. Still adores them.