Monday, January 3, 2011

"Stuff"

It's back to the grind here in 'Dee's World'.

The holidays were fun and full of fun,family time, rest, relaxation and a few moments of TCB(taking care of business).

Let's begin with New Year's Eve. As most of you know I'm not much for the big downtown party but instead house parties.

This year our friend Stephan invited us over to his house for food and drinks and a little Ryan and Dick Clark.

SIL Robyn and BIL Jeff stopped by on their way to a NYE 80's style.

Loving the wig and the DD shirt fo sho!

One of my Charlotte besties, Amanda, came with us. Always fun to hang with her.

A little bubbly to toast with at the stroke of midnight. Stephan is a bachelor and doesn't own flutes hence the wine glasses.

All in all it was fun except for getting home at 4am after we waited 2-hours for a cab to get to his house! NOT FUN!
I don't do late nights like that well at all. I just feel gross and nasty. Kinda like a loser the next day for sleeping late.
This is nothing new. I was like this when I lived in VEGAS too. Late nights.. no bueno!

Moving on to other 'stuff'.
Check out my cute candle holder MIL got me for Christmas. LOVE IT! I stuck it in this random wine bottle that is not decorated.
I do have some other 'decorative' wine bottles I plan to use it in for future parties, etc.

Since we got home from the Bahamas Brad has been rolling change like a mofo with his change sorter he got for Christmas. He had YEARS of loose change in jars, boxes and his car!
GRAND TOTAL?

WAIT FOR IT!

$170 -- $20 of it was in pennies alone!

As far as my Christmas presents? We got the prints hung. Don't mind Brad's mound of folded laundry to the left.

Also, I got all of the Christmas taken down and repurposed my hurricanes once again.

And.. last but not least.
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
I had gotten a little behind on my Real Housewives watching but during the holidays I got all caught up! WOW!! I think the Beverly Hills one is the best one yet aside from OC!
Camille? A b—tch. And her friend ‘Medium’? A lunatic, drunk crazy woman! OMG!



I also got caught up on the Atlanta Housewives too and Kim Z. never ceases to amaze me. How embarrassing that she thinks she can sing.

I was going to do a whole post about the Housewives series since I’ve been watching them for several years now. Overall while I think the shows are entertaining isn’t it sad to see how many of these women end up in divorce or, are in the middle of them now, after they start participating in them?

Let’s see(help me out if I forget some):
· Tamara and Simon – OC
· Countess and her man – NYC
· Jeana and the baseball player – OC
· Vicki and Donn – OC
· NeNe and Gregg -Atlanta
· Camille and Kelsey – BH(we already knew this one was downhill before filming ever started)
I predict Taylor and her hubby from BH will be the next.

Well, enough trash talk from me today. Happy New Year and happy new beginnings!

15 comments:

Annie said...

Glad you guys had a fun NYE. We were out until 3:45am too - BRUTAL the next day.

Too funny on the hurricane with wine corks - I posted about that months ago wondering if it looked okay. Now we each have them - I think they're cute!

donatelli98 said...

I love your top you wore on NYE!! Super cute!!

SASS said...

You always have the cutest clothes! Love the NYE ensemble! And I love how you still capitalize VEGAS :)
RHOBH? Messed up!

Unknown said...

i have a lil addiction to the Real Housewives series - i get SUCH a kick out of them - i love seein' how they think THEIR lives r "normal" and all the silly things they make out of nothing

*kiss kiss*
Happy New year
Erika

~Tiptoe Butterfly~

starnes family said...

2 hours?! That does not sound like fun.

I love the Beverly Hills group. The medium? AWESOME.

I Do Declare said...

I absolutely had that Dirty Dancing t-shirt when I was in 5th grade!!!!!!!

The Jones Family said...

I'm so sad about Vicki and Donn although I'm not really that surprised. But still...

2 hours on a cab... NO thank you!

Love your top too :)

Mandy said...

Ugh, on the cab situation! We had yet ANOTHER 4am night on NYE, not by my choice. So ready for a couple of relaxing weekends. Totally agree that the next day feels awful when up that late! Happy New Year!

Nikki said...

Vicki and Donn are divorcing? Darn I thought they were the most stable. My Husband loves that show. I watch it occasionally.

Cute new decor. Love that candle holder! Happy new year!

If the shoe FITZ said...

i didn't know about vicki and donn.
i just watch OC and Atlanta. happy new year!!

MCW said...

Camielle is insane! I can't stand her! But love BH more then OC.

The Soladay Family said...

I completely agree with you on Taylor and her husband being next. He's a jerk.

Love your wine corks in the hurricane.

Great pic of you on NYE!

Dee said...

I'm totally addicted to the Housewives! And you're right Camille is a b*tch! And the "medium"?? She's a LARGE drunk lol! Happy New Year boo!

Sara said...

I'm totally getting a fake cigarette for my next dinner party! That chick is CRAAAZY!

Looks like a fun NYE! Bubbly in a wine glass - gotta love it!

The Lenzers said...

vicki and don split up? Camille is a total B, no wonder KG left her. I love it as much as OC too. I think it's funny how someone always seems to go bankrupt-can we say fake lifestyle? Love the change-um mamma needs a new pair of shoes (or 2)