Sunday, September 8, 2013

Greek Festival and Weekend Roundup

I was sick nearly the entire weekend.
Cold, cough, sinuses, you name it.  I was even out of the office on Thursday and Friday.
It wasn't until  Friday I finally opted for a shot from the doctor that I started feeling like half a human.
It was the next day that we decided to hit up the local Greek Festival.
I haven't been in years and Brad had never been.
Growing up in Louisiana I have to say that it is pretty lame.
Even so, it's something to do and be seen at here in Charlotte.

We happened to meet up with our neighbors Keith and Lu there.
Lu and I hit up the wine tasting.

UGH..
Not.good.at.all.
I'll leave it at that.
 Lu is always great company though.
So glad they moved in across from us.
Not sure what I would do if not.
 The festival is always uber popular and full of food, drink, music and people.
This year the weather was warm but not as bad as years before.
 What was I thinking wearing capris??
It seemed cool early that morning but quickly warmed up.
Since it was Game Day Shelby and I, of course had to wear purple and gold!
 Other weekend happenings was Shelby getting her first ball ever.
Brad was so proud and excited!
 Shelby enjoying dinner in front of the TV for Game Day.
With Buddy in tow waiting for droppings.
 Baby gates being put up.
 More game day feedings.
 And, a girl date for me with a fellow blogger for the Panther game.
I'm going to be offline for the next week as Brad and I travel to San Fran and Napa for a couples trip.
I'll be back with all sorts of fun posts!
Thanks for continuing to check in even though I may not be in your reader!!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Had a great time with you today! Have a wonderful trip! xoxo

MCW said...

I love that little bald head. We're you and Brad bald babies?!? I had no idea there was a large Greek population in NC!

Allena said...

I love Greek food. I could swim in tzatziki sauce. Looks like so much fun!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I totally forgot yall were in charlotte! We were there for a wedding this weekend and had a great time. I had never been except to a bachlorette party a few years ago, so it was nice to see another side of town (we stayed at the Hampton Inn at philips place and the reception was at the Carmel Country Club).

Rachel said...

We were at the festival on Sunday! Hot, but fun!

starnes family said...

I love Shelby chilling in the stroller. Take them out when they're young and they get accustomed to it quickly!

Annie said...

I love yalls mantel. I know, random comment but I like dental molding a lot!

Tricia said...

Her smile just melts the heart...crazy adorable. I love that you girls had on your LSU gear. A definite must for game day. The Greek festival sounds interesting, but at least there was wine! :) Glad you're feeling better and can't wait to see pics from your trip.

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness. So far behind with your posts now that you've gone private. Can't wait to catch up on them! And yes, Greek wine is pretty gross!!