Friday, October 22, 2010

Random Fall Scoop

In a few short hours I'll be in enroute to this fantabulous place.

Aren't you jealous? It's Fall Ya'll here in the Carolinas and this weekend is suppose to be a peak weekend for seeing colorful leaves!

Kelli(hiking bestie)and I have turned this into our annual Fall hiking weekend. Last year we hiked around the Asheville area along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Read about it here.


This year we're doing an 8-mile hike in the National Park. It's about a 3-hour drive from Charlotte and Kelli has never been to the park! Can't wait! Brad is having a "Brad Weekend" as he likes to call it. Football, beer, Playstation and golf.

In other news...
I baked peanut butter cookies the other night for my grandmother who is turning 95 this week. Brad and I went and saw her last night but pictures and details of that will come this next week because I forgot to upload them.

Back to the cookies though.
Buddy is a routine type of doggy. EVERY.NIGHT he puts himself to bed around 8:30pm. No joke. He tells us to peace out and runs upstairs to his bed.
BUT..of course because I was baking the other night he didn't. Nope. Little guy stayed up until after 10!

In fact, last night he was up with us again until 11! Not sure what's going on with him but we like it!

Someone left a bunch of painted mini pumpkins in our break room at work with a note that said 'help yourself'.
Well, I did. It wasn't until Brad pointed it out that I even noticed that they were West Virginia University pumpkins.
LOL!
I seriously did not notice it!

My MIL is so freaking cute. Everytime she comes to Charlotte she brings Robyn and I seasonal stuff for the house.
This is just one of the Fall items she bought for us. She said they reminded her of Buddy. They heart Budster. Yes, he has even made the grandkid frames at their house.

That's all I have for this Friday! TGIF!

13 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Fall... those leaves look so pretty! Have fun!

Cute towels. I love stuff like that too. Have a variety of stuff from over the years.

And Buddy, he's being a rebel staying up late :)

Nikki said...

Oh I'd love a fall hike tradition. We have to time it right here, in between rain.

Buddy is darling. I hope you shared a cookie with him. My beagler mix does the same thing sometimes too. I'll be thinking I locked him in the bathroom on accident and there he is, hanging out in bed.

{Kimber} said...

I am jealous!!! I love the Smokey Mountains! they are so beautiful in October

have fun!!

donatelli98 said...

Cute stuff - have fun on your hike!

Sunshine In The City said...

So you won't be cheering on your LSwhoo? tigers???

:)

Have a great time this weekend! I'll watch the game and cheer for my Tigers for you ;)

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, I'll be cheering for them. We will be done with the hike by then and hit up a bar!

I Do Declare said...

I think it's SO cute (and funny) that Buddy puts himself to bed!!! Adorable! Have fun in the mountains!

Allyson and Dave said...

I miss fall leaves...palm trees don't change colors. Boo!!!

starnes family said...

I love your weekend adventures. So much fun. Enjoy the color!

Unknown said...

Dee, I found your site through Location Central and wanted to stop by! We live right outside of Charlotte!

I look forward to following you!

Christie

MCW said...

Have fun!!!

The Lenzers said...

I need to go on a tree fall leaf weekend....love!!!! funny about Buddy going to bed, my dogs are the same, unless of course there is food involved

The Rand's said...

Looks gorgeous! Enjoy your weekend!