Friday, October 15, 2010

Dawn and J's Ojai Wedding

In case you're new here -- I'm in the middle of the recap of my trip to Southern California for one of my besties -- Dawn's wedding.

After a couple of days of being tourists in Hollywood and Santa Barbara we headed into Ojai Valley for her and J's 10.10.10 wedding.

I was going to include pictures from the bridal shower and rehearsal dinner the day before but honestly I just have too many pictures.

So, here's my recap of the actual wedding day.

Wedding site: Hermitage Ranch - Ojai, California
(a private family estate that is a family friend of the bride's family. Remember Ojai is the bride's hometown)

GORGEOUS! 48 acres of orange trees.

This was the view from the ceremony, cocktail reception and reception.


Citrus water was served. Perfect fit considering we were in an orange orchard.

I got to see tons of old co-workers and friends at the wedding considering Dawn and I worked at a TV Station in Reno and Vegas together.
Nicole from San Diego.

Before the ceremony I got to sneak a peek of the bride and groom. It was then that I got the first glimpse of Dawn's dress that she actually handmade HERSELF!

No doubt. I was and still am impressed.

Here comes the bride!!! Beautiful! Her father Bill walked her down the aisle.

It was the first Jewish wedding ceremony Brad and I both had ever been too. All day long Brad chanted MAZEL TOV he couldn't wait to say it. When he finally did - he looked over at me and said "I've waited my whole life to say that." What a retard! LOL
Anyhoo..it was cool. They broke the glass and everything.
The cocktail reception was in the pool/hot tub area. The food was awesome as was the champagne station and company.

It was a bit warm so us girls decided to stick our feet in the pool. Dawn came down and decided to join us for a few pictures.

The view was gorgeous and everyone was trying to get good pictures together. A little bright but still not a bad one of me and hubs.

The centerpieces at the reception were so cool and cute. Oranges and figs, of course, then giving that both the bride and groom are on-air weathercasters in New Orleans -- the table names were presented on weather umbrellas.


Another cool touch? The New Orleans horn band Bonerama made it to California to play at their wedding!! One word: AWESOME!!

More former Reno co-workers. GREAT! to see Jeff and Laura..

The food was to die for! I don't generally even eat at weddings but this one I did!

They converted the old tennis courts on the property into the party area.


Me and the bride!

MOB -- she did most of the planning and leg work since the bride and groom live halfway across the country. Great job Mary Ann!

Cutting the cake..


And.. of course second line. Who doesn't do this at their wedding when there are Louisiana ties?

Such an awesome time with awesome people. Thanks Dawn and Jonathan for making Brad and I part of your special day!
BTW -- My pictures sucky long time compared to the professional photographer. Visit her blog to see the real deal on the setting and the couple. Just click here.

12 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Beautiful! Simply beautiful!

Little Match Girl said...

Yay! It looks like so much fun! Thanks for the recap!

Sara said...

Gorgeous!! And great pics of the Hubs and you! Love your dress.

brooke mcallister said...

Thanks for the link and kinds words!
Brooke
www.brookaphotographic.com

DSS said...

what a beautiful wedding!! I cannot believe the bride made her dress. She must be very talented, because it's gorgeous :)

Nikki said...

Gorgeous! I wanted to break glass at our wedding, even though we aren't jewish. But it was a beach and broken glass in the sand wasn't such a good idea.

The Rand's said...

So pretty! Love the centerpieces.

Your dress is fab and the pics of you and hubby are great.

starnes family said...

Love California. Who wouldn't?

The band looks like a ton of fun.

That dress is darling on you!

MCW said...

Everything is just beautiful. Love the simple bowl of oranges.

Coco said...

So fun! I can't believe she made the dress herself?!! That is nutso.

Your dress is darling.

The Lenzers said...

gorgeous place! why don't you eat at weddings?

Ayse said...

wow, your blog is so cute <3 i love it. i follow you know, mybe you follow me back? <3 love, ayse