Thursday, October 14, 2010

California Adventures

Okay..Okay..
Life has been nutz along with work. I'm having a hard time blogging to be honest due to lack of time but I'm working on it.

Now onto our 2-days in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara before we headed over the mountain and into Ojai for my bestie Dawn's wedding.

You saw the paparazzi story in the last post now for the rest of the trip.
Hollywood Walk of Fame - been there before but Brad had not. He agreed - TOTALLY.OVERATED...

Got to do it though. Me with Drew Barrymore's star.

As seen at the Mann's Chinese Theater. Brad did think this was neat but REFUSED to let me take pictures of him at any of this.

Me with Norma Jean.

Then as you know we headed down Sunset for lunch and see Chateau Marmont and the rest of the sites that are Hollywood.
Brad wasn't impressed...

We stayed in Santa Monica and I had made plans for my former KVBC(VEGAS)co-worker, Rachel to meet us for dinner.
SOOOO FUN!! I haven't seen her in 9-years even though we have corresponded and talked on the phone.

It was restaurant week in LA so she suggested we have dinner at Fig in the Mirmar Hotel.

Delightful indeed!


Yes, they had an actual fig tree in front of the hotel. Rachel insisted we get our picture made.

Then we headed over to some other swanky, trendy hotel with a bar at their pool. I can't remember the name but it was way cool and fun. So great to catch up with Rachel and for Brad to meet her and her to meet Brad.
I love keeping up with old co-workers, people from college, etc. Makes me happy.

The next morning we left Santa Monica and made our way down the PCH.

Different than the drive along the Central Coast and in Northern California but still scenic.
We decided to stop in Malibu for brunch. The spot we happened onto? Paradise Cove... I found out later on that weekend(from someone at the wedding) that this is a very famous part of the beach.
Read here about it.
It's where Beach Blanket Bingo and Baywatch were both filmed. Pam Anderson also lives along this part of the shore.

Brunch at Bob's Beach Cafe..

Our outdoor seats had our feet literally in the sand.

Brad gets annoyed with my pictures sometimes.

I totally have to say that this place IS NOT a tourist trap. Food was excellent and the view was lovely!

Back on the PCH - photo op.

Then into Santa Barbara... Sorry for the blurry picture of the downtown/State Street area.

Brad WAS impressed with SB - he said it reminded him of California's version of Georgetown. I would agree.
Great restaurants, shops, bars - you name it.

We stopped into one of my favorite artist's gallery. Fazzino 3D art. I had him on my TV show years ago and have really admired his stuff since then.

Check his art our here.. Brad says he even likes it!

Then down to the Pier..

Very tourist down here. Brad decided to be one and get his traditional pressed penny from our trip.

We browsed through some of the gift shops and Brad couldn't resist taking his picture with his favorite President of all time. NOT!!!


The Pier was what is was. Touristy indeed.

Brad likes to chuck places 'a deuce' when we leave them. That's what he was doing here. He even had me take a picture with my phone and send it to his best friend.

Clever way for homeless people to get people to give them money. Retarded.


And.. you know we had to hit up this action. Wine tastings. That's how I roll. I've been to this wine tasting room several times and have always enjoyed their wine. I bought two bottles to consume when we got to Ojai. Yep... me and the girls did it!
They make a great Chardonney and a red blend.

After - onto a pub. So fun.. Brad and I love to meet random people at places and get our talk on.

We met a couple right out of college from London who are touring the world. Literally...after Cali they go to FIJI!
But we also met this guy who we call "James from Malibu". Interesting indeed. Brad thinks he was full of shit but who knows??
Claimed he had done all this secret op stuff and even though he worked in Santa Barbara lived in Malibu.
His girlfriend and kid were waiting outside for him in the car for about 30minutes while he finished his buy one get one free beers. Weird and funny all at the same time.

My next post we'll travel to Ojai. My friend Dawn's hometown and the site of her wedding. Cool indeed. Their nuptials took place at a family friend's ranch that is 49acres of Sunkist orange trees!!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Ojai!? Was it for Dave Anabel and Odette's wedding? ;)

Looks like a fun trip!

donatelli98 said...

I was starting to worry about Brad holding that wine ... I am surprised he didn't accidentally drop it!

The Jones Family said...

Such a guy thing! Brad cracks me up :)

Can't wait to see the wedding pics form Ojai!

Sara said...

Fun trip! Santa Barbara looks beautiful. Sounds like y'all had a great time!

Ojai reminds me of Brothers and Sisters :)

MCW said...

Love the pics! James from Malibu sounds hysterical...I should date him since I would just LOVE to wait in the car while he drinks. haha

The Soladay Family said...

I love Brad. How much fun was that trip!

starnes family said...

Pressed pennies! Yessssss!

FROGGITY! said...

i don't even know where to begin with the comments!! such a great post. i feel like i just briefly traveled there! :) rock on.

{Kimber} said...

wow!! looks like such fun! y'all packed a lot in...
what is it with men not wanting to be all smiley for our 2 zillion pictures? I just don't get it!!
hahaha

Coco said...

Love all of your outfits!! You look fabulous, darling!!!

I'm jealous of your trip. Oh yeah, I'm going to NYC!!!