Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy 95th Maw Maw

Happy Monday! Well, my Grandma aka Maw Maw, is 95-years old!

She loves cookies. So, as I mentioned last week I made her some peanut butter ones.

I remember when Maw Maw used to come visit us in Baton Rouge. She would make us chocolate and vanilla pinwheel cookies. I always looked forward to them!

Maw Maw lives with my cousin here in Charlotte now and is still in decent shape for the most part. Her mind waivers here and there though.
She can't see to read or cross stitch anymore so Brad and I bought her clothes for her birthday.

Just think Maw Maw lived through the Depression, World War II, Korea and saw her son(my Dad) survive the Vietnam War.

She has been through a lot though including the loss of four children(my Dad is the only living child)and the loss of her spouse.

A little on the bright side but here's a picture of Brad and I with Maw Maw.

Happy 95-years young!

12 comments:

donatelli98 said...

How sweet - so nice she is in Charlotte now and you can celebrate with her!

Unknown said...

awe how sweet - luvs it!!!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
PS - love for you to stop by and :
*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

starnes family said...

How cute is she?! 95......that is awesome.

Love your headband, btw!

{Kimber} said...

awww she looks so precious!!

glad you got to celebrate with her!

Nikki said...

Wow! What a woman! You should find out as much as you can about her life while you still can.

What a good grand daughter ;)

The Jones Family said...

95 years old. Amazing. My hubby's grandmother is 95 as well.

Very special!

Sara said...

Awww...Happy Birthday to your Maw Maw!

The Rand's said...

95! That's awesome! She looks great.

How wonderful that you live by her.

Jen said...

She looks so great! What an amazing lady! I just can't believe how good she looks :-)

Allyson and Dave said...

Happy Birthday Maw Maw. I hope I live to see 95.

MCW said...

Lucky girl to have a grandmother still alive...

Happy Birthay MawMaw!

I Do Declare said...

95 - wow! Maw Maw is still a cutie, and you look super sas in your jeans + pearls, too!