Thursday, September 23, 2010

Artwork - Opinions Needed

Thanks for all your comments yesterday. I am looking forward while remembering those lost. Better days ahead peeps!

So, on a higher note today -- let's talk about artwork. Remember my trip to Savannah where the artist gave me a free print?

Well, he did himself proud as I can't quit thinking about his work. I'm still searching for several pieces to put in different areas of our house and I think some of Stephen Kasun's work will go perfect in our bedroom.

Our walls are Benjamin Moore's Grey Whisp. Pretty popular -- that Restoration Hardware blue.

Soo.. here's what I'm thinking. Giving that we really can't afford original artwork at this point and time(we have weddings, trips, etc planned for the next few months). I emailed Stephen about ordering two matted prints and plan to hang two of them together vertically.

I know I want this print for sure! Gaston Street Inns -- a real sight in Savannah.

BUT..here's my dilemma.
Which one of these prints? I really like this one because of the story behind it. It's the Sixth Pence restaurant in Savannah. BUT..it's famous for that scene in Julia Robert's Something to Talk About? Remember -- she gets out of the car in her robe to retrieve her hubby from his date with another woman? Cool story and great conversation piece for the house.

OR.. this one. Lafayette Square in Savannah. I think it might look better in a pairing because they're both daylight pictures. It was in one of S-town's other squares, just like this, where Tom Hanks sat with his box of chocolates in Forrest Gump.

What do you think? BTW -- very reasonable for these matted prints. Stephen told me $55 a piece!! I can buy frames for them to go in and BAM! Something cool for our bedroom.
Opinions??

13 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Well I'm no help at all. I like all 3 of them! Love that movie too!

Such pretty paintings... good luck :)

Summer Athena said...

I like the middle one a lot!

donatelli98 said...

Yes I like them all too - but think I like the second more than the third. Seems like there is a little more detail in it. Plus I love the flags - which coordinates with the first one and is one of the reasons you liked the first one so much - right?

starnes family said...

I like all three and remember those movies and the settings in each!

I prefer the street scene to coordinate, but both will look good!

DSS said...

I get what you are saying about the lighting in the first and third. Also, there are no people in either. So they do look good together. However, I am such a fan of the second that I think I would choose that one. AND...the first has some of the oranges in the leaves that would bring them together in that respect.

I can't believe they are only $55! What a great find.

Mrs. Potts said...

Are both of the prints you decide on going to go in your bedroom? If that's the case, I would pick the 3rd to go with the 2nd, for two reasons.

1. Hubby on date with another woman when wife arrives to pick him up? Not sure I'd want that in my bedroom. :)

2. Your first choice pick is a setting w/o people. I'd go with the 3rd for the fact that it is also lacking people in it.

Maybe the 2nd could go somewhere else in your home?

I have to say, the 2nd is actually my most fave of them all. But that's just me.

xo

Nikki said...

I like the restaurant one. It gives you something to talk about ;)

Unknown said...

i like the 2nd one the best! .. and isn't it the best to buy everything at the end of the season .. such great sales!!!

MCW said...

I think #2!

The Soladay Family said...

I would say the first 2. I think it's the flags in both that would be am interesting link. Just a thought. Beautiful pieces. When my parents were young and couldn't afford original works, they had lots of prints. It's a good way to have a nice collection before you can afford the real thing!

The Lenzers said...

The first is my FAVE! I love row houses, is that what you call them? So I would put that one with the 2nd, they seem to flow together better. But I don't think you can wrong mixing any of them.....does he have a website?

Sara said...

I like the first two!!

Lindsey said...

oh my, they are all wonderful! One of each! ha ha!