Monday, September 27, 2010

Lazy Weekend and Looking Forward

This weekend was probably one of the lowest key weekends we've had in a while. Literally, after getting home Friday night and taking my makeup off I didn't put a stitch of it back on until this morning for work.

Can I get a woohoo?!

I'm normally not like that but we've been on the go the past few weeks and Brad and I both enjoyed staying in, cooking, drinking wine and watching football.

Granted - we ventured to Lowe's, the Farmer's market, Sam's, Garden Ridge, Target and Pet Smart.
Brad helped a friend with his backyard living space and I planted some fall flowers and hit up the pool but overall very RELAXING!

Good thing we got some rest because we're about to be full-force ahead for the next month.

First thing -- Robyn has her surgery Wednesday so say prayers!! For all of you bloggies who so generously donated to our Race for the Cure team and want to keep up with her progress click here.

If you haven't donated and still want to -- click here.

Brad and I walk this coming Saturday in honor of Robyn and other survivors and those who lost their battle.

After Racing for a Cure we'll then be racing to get ready to head BACK to California. Brad is convinced it's the only place we vacation.
Those of you following the blog for the past year or so might agree?

Columbus Day weekend we pack and up head West to So Cal for Dawn and J's wedding. Dawn and I have been friends since 1998 when we worked together in Reno.

We're making the trek a sort of vacation as well because Brad has never been to the Los Angeles area. We're flying into Burbank -- touring through Hollywood and Beverly Hills then staying the night in Santa Monica.
Then, the next day we're driving through Malibu and on our way to Santa Barbara. Love this area...especially Montecito where Oprah's palace is. We'll spend the night there and then head over to Dawn's hometown for two nights.

Which is? Ojai!
Who watches Brother's and Sisters? You might be familiar if so.
Ojai is beautiful and serene. I used to go and visit all the time when I lived in VEGAS. Dawn and I would hike, and bike. Lovely indeed.

The wedding is 10.10.10
Very cool date if you ask me and the wedding should be a blast as the couple now resides in NOLA and they have a local NOLA band coming to play.
Oh.. one of the other things I look forward to doing on this trip(if I can convince Brad). Visit the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. I know... nerd. I'm a total nerd. It's suppose to be awesome though.

Well, that's all I have for today!! What's going on with you peeps?

14 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Sounds like fun! I need a weekend like you all had! Maybe next year!

Summer Athena said...

praying for your friend.

our friends got married at ojai. it is lovely!

Sara said...

So fun!!

Can't wait to see pics from this Cali trip.

Will keep Robyn in my prayers and pray everything goes well!

The Lenzers said...

you're staying with Oprah? HA!!! Praying for you SIL. This trip sounds great!! I need to go

The Jones Family said...

I love Brothers and Sisters! Such a beautiful place. I too can't wait to see pics from your trip!

The Soladay Family said...

Praying for your friend.

Have a blast with your hubby!

MCW said...

I love weekends were you have nothing to do at all. Although, I think I would still put on make-up :)

starnes family said...

I wish I could see you! Sounds like you'll be super busy, though, and far away. Let me know!

The Rand's said...

Praying for your friend!

Glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Love all of the vacationing you and Brad do. Live it up!

Karena said...

Dee beautiful images and such heartfelt words!!

I have a Giveaway from the French Basketeer I think you will love!

Karena
Art by Karena

{Kimber} said...

sounds like a fun trip ahead!! can't wait to hear all about it!

If the shoe FITZ said...

i am going to a wedding in santa monica in december. can't wait!

love me some brothers and sisters.

SASS said...

Love the no makeup weekends! The best!
Keep us posted on Robyn. Definitely praying for the fam.
10.10.10 <--awesome.
California is so beautiful- I'd vacation there all the time, too!

Unknown said...

wow wow wow - lots going on with you! - i always say better to be CRAZY busy then bored, right?!

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~
Enter Give-Away Here: ~TiptoeButterfly Give-Away~