Sunday, September 12, 2010

Things I Learned This Weekend

I had a nice relaxing weekend with the Budster while hubs was at the beach with friends. It was nice to have some alone time to be honest and I learned several things. Here we go.

#1. First and foremost - I learned that friends especially blogging ones are the best. Many of you know what I'm talking about even though I haven't shared it here. THANKS FOR YOUR DONATIONS!!
I will share more when the time comes.

#2. The annual Fashion Night Out at Neiman Marcus has become one of my favorite events. Thanks for going with me Kelli! There weren't as many people there this year since it was on a Friday night during football season.

#3. How small Charlotte is. I saw my friend Stephanie and others at FNO. Remember Stephanie from Lilly's Pink and Green Birfday party?

#4. That I can never have enough of these babies. Yep.. if you haven't tried a pair of Hanky Pankys do it now!

#5. That I want a Mercedes just like this. Hint..Hint.. Brad!

#6. That I'm not a sex-pot. Look at me trying to be cute and sexy in the photo booth at FNO. Kelli was cracking up.

#7. Volunteering on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks really made me feel good. I truly enjoy giving my time to such a great and honorable organization. You would be amazed how much our soldiers and their families appreciate what we do.

#8. The Virginia Tech Hokies need to make some MAJOR changes to their football program. (Actually, the entire ACC in general). Hubby and friends were on suicide watch Saturday watching their team lose to James Madison.

#9. The SEC still rocks the casbah when it comes to football. My Tigers beat Vandy this weekend but LSU still needs to step it up this season to beat the likes of Bama and Florida.

#10. Scrapbooking does the soul good. I finally got all my engagement and wedding cards in a scrapbook. Yes, 7-months after the wedding but at least it's done.


#11. Finally, last but not least. NEVER.. NEVER.. buy a light brie. If you're going to eat cheese go for the real thing. A total waste of money because it tasted like rubber.
What did you learn this weekend?

10 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Nice post ... I learned that shopping for running shoes is much easier without your husband and two children!

Nikki said...

Looked at you, you little philanthropist ;) I learned that if you put off hiking to do yardwork...it will rain the next day.

Cute little gold dress! You totally have the sexpot thing down, what are you talking about?!

Allyson and Dave said...

I keep hearing about FNO. I wonder if we have that here?? I am going to have to research this.

The Lenzers said...

I learned that I can handle football season ONLY when Mark's team wins and wins good. Sometimes he is still mad when they win if theyshould have played better. go figure. hope you SIL is hanging in there.

{Kimber} said...

I learned that LSU needs to start J. Lee, not J. Jefferson :)

MCW said...

Love Hanky Pankie's too...My new favorites are Commandos, they are smooth and leave no lines at all!

http://www.barenecessities.com/Commando-Low-Rise-Thong_product_CommandoTHONG_,search,.htm

Sara said...

Love the gold dress! I missed FNO this year, but heard it was a great time here in TX too. Glad you had fun!

Hmm...what did I learn? I learned to watch your toddler at all times when changing a diaper because if you don't...you may end up with poop all over the room :)

FROGGITY! said...

light brie no good? hmmm... noted.

you look GORGEOUS!!! i think you look totally cute in those pics!

ahh, yes. SEC. pretty much the only football (besides the NFL saints) that i truly enjoy. :)

Lindsey said...

I want a Mercedes too!!! Cute pics!!

Coco said...

I don't ANY light cheese, waste of calories and etc.

All I own now are Hanky Pankies. I have thrown all others away. Kind of proud to have a drawer full of big girl panties.