Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Needing Some Good News.....

We've had a rough couple of weeks. Brad said last night that he's ready for Even Stephens to kick in and for us to get some positive news.
When I first met Brad he was telling me about his Even Stephens theory. He said -- "Things always work out because I'm Even Stephens."

Well, I guess I'm learning now that I'm a Stephens it's just not been the case here lately.

The latest bit of bad news is that we learned that our canine niece Jordan went to doggy heaven last night.
Sorry for the old picture of Reeders. I stole it from your FB page Robyn. It's the only one that would load and I wanted a picture of Jordie.

Jordie was a great pooch. She was 12 and they found out she was in a lot of pain with kidney failure.

So sad..I know the kids will miss hers.
Someone just left this poem for Robyn on FB. Kinda helps. Well, sort of. My favorite thing I will miss about Jordie? Her barking at the television and bullying Buddy over the kid's food scraps.
RIP Jordan Stephens.

That news came after what was absolutley devastating news we received Monday about my friend Kathleen's FIL.
Mr. Jerry passed away after a tragic car accident. What's even worse? It was Kathleen's birthday Monday.

I still can't believe it. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. The DePieros are so very tight and every single time I've ever been to visit them in Ohio we would spend at least one day with Jerry and Roberta.
The best is when they hosted us in their home on Lake Erie last Labor Day for a picnic on the lawn.
I've always been in awe of their family and how close the boys were with their Dad and how much fun they all had together.
RIP Jerry DePiero. You will be missed by many but the memories will never fade. That's a fact. Your legacy is there in every last child, grandchild and great grandchild.
Sorry for the negative nelly news. It feels better putting it out there as I try to think about more positive things.
Keep both of these families in your prayers.

18 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose great friends and pets. Life really isn't fair, which is why we have to enjoy every freaking moment we can think of.

Wasn't Even Stephens a tv show on the Disney channel?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the note Dee...we do need some good news. Prayers for Kathleen and Dean!

The Lenzers said...

Prayers for everyone! "They" say bad things happen in 3's, so now it's time for some good for you! For sure even stephens. Hang in there!!1

DSS said...

Oh my goodness, love! You have had a really rough time of it lately haven't you? Such terrible news coming at you from all directions :(

I'm so sorry to hear about Jordan! And then your friend's FIL. All right after Robyn's dignosis. Wow.

You had better tell Brad to tune up that Even Stephens part of himself for sure. It sounds like you, your family and your friends are definitely due for something lovely to happen to put smiles back on your face.

Thinking of you!

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm so sorry - things seem to just keep piling up on you. :(

Boo - here's to some sunshine for you soon!!

xo

Sara said...

So true - it always seems to happen in 3's, so hopefully y'all are finished with bad news for awhile!!
Thinking about y'all and praying for only good things to come your way.

This is really weird, but my aunt and uncles names are Jerry and Roberta (my dad's sister). That's crazy.

donatelli98 said...

So sorry to hear this Dee. Seems like a lot of bad news is going around these days. Sending lots of prayers! I hope Brad's Even Stephens theory is correct ... good thing Robyn is an Even Stephen too!

Monica said...

This is all heartbreaking news. I hope you get some good things happening soon, although it won't take away from the sadness. Wow, that is a rough week for sure.

Coco said...

Oh my. My prayers to all.
Keep positive, your friends will need your sunshine to get them through.

The Soladay Family said...

I am so sorry, Dee, for all of your sad news. Hang in there and know that you're being prayed for in blogland!

Allyson and Dave said...

You have had a rough couple of weeks...sending happy thoughts your way!

MCW said...

I am sorry...sometimes it is one thing after another. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The Jones Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear all of this D, pleas know we are praying!

Just keep thinking "Even Stephens"...

I'maNolaGirl said...

What sad and tragic news. I hope you find peace in knowing all of the positive thoughts headed your way.

starnes family said...

It's OK to hear things like this b/c we can pray and hope for better news around the corner. You're due. I'll keep your peeps in my prayers.

Carrie Darney said...

Oh Dee...I'm sorry about your week! What a sad one...

Prayers for you my darling...

teresa-bug said...

So sorry to hear this! It really is important to cherish every single moment with the two and four legged people in in our lives.

xoxo

FROGGITY! said...

so sorry for your loss! :(