Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009 and Random Thoughts

Well, 2009 is almost over as well as the decade will be over. So crazy...2010. What a year it will be! Marriage and who knows what else?

So - with this being an end of a decade and the last New Years Eve as Miss DeAnna Wallace - a lot of random things have been going through my head including favorites from 2009.

Here we go...

First off -- my favorite memory? Getting engaged! I still can feel the excitement and utter SHOCK that I felt that night. Can't you tell by the look in our eyes?

Favorite trip. Napa....ahh.. If only we were spending NY Eve there! Such an awesome time. Never gets old.

Okay - here's randomness. I'm totally stoked for these three bebes to be hanging together tonight. ROCK on beagles! If only Casey's canine niece Lucky could join them.

Another random thought -- when I was younger I always wanted to be in Times Square to see the big ball drop.
This is as close as I'll ever come. The ball in Macy's in NYC. Now that I'm old I would rather watch the ball drop in the comfort of a home where it's warmer and less crowded.

Another favorite from 2009. This picture. Yeppers. It's my favorite from this year.

Another random thought. I've been thinking back to the beginning of this decade. Remember the chaos of Y2K?!
I was in TV news at the time and EVERYONE.. I MEAN EVERYONE was working that New Years Eve.
That's right - we were bracing for a huge attack or crash of the computers or something! The year 2000 came and went and nothing ever happened.
BTW - don't you love this picture of me from my TV news producing days? I always had my 'producer sweater' with me because it's cold in those control rooms!

And another random thought. Boohoo! I just heard on the news that Tavern on the Green in NYC is closing tonight. WTF?! Are you serious? It's legendary!
I'm glad to say that I had dinner there twice. Super cool place if you never visited.

Well, that's it for today. As Coco would say - see you next year blogging peeps!

7 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Have a wonderful New Years & enjoy your celebration at home! I can't wait to get home & then celebrate in my jammies. :)

Allyson and Dave said...

Happy New Years!! I hope you have a great time tonight.

starnes family said...

Such an amazing year for you. Cannot wait to see what is in store for 2010!

donatelli98 said...

Awesome year - can't wait to see fab wedding photos in 2010 ... I'll be ringing in the new year on your coast (a full two hours earlier than my desert home)!

The Jones Family said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL New Year's! You are getting married this year :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Looks like you had a fabulously exciting year! I'm dying to got to Napa. Happy new year!

Coco said...

Cute pics. And what a fun year for you. 2010 is going to be even more exciting!!!

And that picture your mother in law gave you for Christmas. Priceless.