Friday, December 18, 2009

Wedding Card Box

So, I'm getting down to the 'nitty-gritty' when it comes to all this wedding planning. I've really been trying to think of the little things and get them knocked off my list.

One of those things I thought about after meeting with the hotel wedding planner yesterday was a card box.
I really like this one -- don't you?

I was talking with my friend Kathleen about it last night and I really liked her card box and she said she was willing to send it to me so I could use it. From what I remember it looked a lot like the one in the picture above.

The problem is.....it doesn't have a lock. I'm sorry kids -- but I'm just not feeling right with not having a lock on it. Does that sound terrible? The hotel wedding planner said -- 'don't worry about it -- it's all friends and family!'

Ummm.. maybe so -- but there is also hotel staff that will be in the space as well. AND..you just never know about people's dates, etc.

So, Kathleen mentioned having something like this for people to put their cards in.

A birdcage. What do you guys think? Is this secure? What have you used at your weddings?
BTW - TGIF!! Lots going on this weekend! More to come on that!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah one of my friends from college had all her cards stolen...seriously. I'd never seen that before or since but still scary. She was livid... And she got married in a restaurant on the beach that was rented out...so it was only her guests and the staff working.

Might be better to be safe than sorry.

starnes family said...

Cute idea. I would never have guessed people might steal at a wedding! But, you're right. Better be safe and feel relaxed.

Coco said...

Yes, the bird cage is much "safer."

I also like the looks of it much more.

Sad that you even have to worry about stuff like that. Sad.

Allyson and Dave said...

I know a few people who have had cards stolen. I strongly recommend a lock. But maybe you could get something that looks like an old fashion treasure box and that way it looks like the lock is supposed to be there.

SASS said...

I never thought of people stealing from weddings! Sick. I like the birdcage! It's darling.

donatelli98 said...

My friend had a super cute birdcage - I agree go with that.