Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Artwork for Christmas

So, it's not a great picture of the painting but you get the idea.

This is the piece of artwork my future MIL bought me for Christmas. It's a painting of the winery where we had my shower/bachelorette party. Shelton Winery in Dobson, NC.

She said it's important to have memories and that's why she bought it. How nice is that? I'm so very lucky to be marrying into such an awesome family that is laid back and best of all --NO DRAMA!!!

NYE is tomorrow kids! Nothing big planned here. Just a few house parties! I've never been much for going out on the holiday because it's expensive, crowded and obnoxious. Granted I've done it -- in New Orleans, Vegas, Tahoe, Orlando, Atlanta(several times), and here Charlotte. Each time I've done it I've regretted the money I spent.

I would much rather be at someone's house hanging with friends and not having to fight my way to the bar!
CIAO for now!

5 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

How sweet that she gave you such a great gift. I know you're happy to be marrying into a "No Drama" family!!

We're keeping it simple tomorrow night too. A friend's house with some other couples for a night of board games, snacks & drinks in our PJ's!!

starnes family said...

What a thoughtful gift. Yep, you did well!

teresa-bug said...

What a pretty painting! Love the sentiment behind it too! Happy New Year!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift. WOW!

SASS said...

Great gift! Would love wall art as a gift.

You have an award on my blog! Go see! xo