Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

Here it goes. My big Christmas post chalked full of pictures! We stayed here in town this year and spent Christmas with Brad's family. We went to Atlanta last year and I suppose we'll continue this trade-off thing until my parents move to NC in 2012.

This post begins on 12/23 where Brad and I decided to invite a few friends over for a last minute dinner/get-together.
Nothing fancy but something to do on Christmas Eve Eve.

Here I am in my Heavenly Hostess apron! Perfect for a dinner party!

It wasn't a big crowd since most everyone had already left to travel home for the holidays.

We ate and drank some wine and more wine. LOL!
Here me, Kelly and Dana are in front of our tree.

Bestie Dana..we'll be hanging with this same crew and a few more on NYE.

Kelly with Dana's dog Reilly. She and Buddy had a ball playing together..as usual.

Then we move on to Christmas Eve. I woke up and started baking and cooking. Two pies, a batch of cookies, and breakfast casserole for the next day.
Then we went out to my future SIL and brother in-laws house for dinner. We always bring Buddy out there and the kids love him. Maybe a bit too much actually! Check out this picture below.
Reed kept chasing Buddy that he actually jumped up in my lap for protection!

Of course, more wine. Robyn has these MONSTER glasses. Too fun!

And.. before we left to go home we were there when Reed put out cookies and milk for Santa.

We woke up Christmas morning in our own home which was so different but I LOVED every minute of it.
Normally, I would miss my parents and feel nostaglic but this year I was really excited about starting my own traditions and memories. I guess I'm an official adult now?
Yes, even Santa visited Buddy. A few toys and treats.

As I mentioned in a previous post Brad got me new UGG boots and as you can see I was flabergasted!

I kept to our $60 limit.

And got Brad a video game he mentioned to me weeks ago that he had played at a friends house.

Buddy kept looking for more gifts.. and playing with the ones he had...

Then.. got a little love from his Daddy. Christmas morning love!

Then after opening our gifts we enjoyed the breakfast casserole I made. I used ham instead of bacon and it was GREAT!

Then we went back to my SIL's house to open gifts with the family. Check out Brad's big gift! A toolbox for the garage. He spent time yesterday getting it organized.

And.. his parents got him a cooler that floats for the lake. We'll never have to get out of the water again to get a cold one!

His parents knew what I would like. I got a wine themed gifts with this flag, a bottle of wine, grape earrings, wine glass charms, a wine stopper and the best of all? A piece of artwork that Ms. Becky bought me while at one of the wineries we visited on my bachelorette party.
I'll post about it later.

Then.. we did the invitations which I've already posted about and then started on dinner.

The table all set and ready to go.

A prayer. They were trying to get Reed to say it.

And dinner time! Isn't Paige a cutie? She wasn't too into actual Christmas dinner but she had a few bites.

Reed as well. Not too into it but he had a bite of a roll.

Then we just hung out, drank wine and talked and played video games.

A GREAT Christmas indeed.

Now it's just time for a New Year's Eve celebration.
BTW - don't you just love this ornament I got? Me on the front with a dog and a glass of wine in hand.

The back says.. DOG PERSON. So me indeed!

Hope you all had a GREAT holiday!

6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I got so much wine theme things too! I loved it!

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! Love all things wine. :)

SASS said...

Fun fun fun! I thought your apron was a skirt at first--cute as both! But I guess you'd have to wear them together so you don't moon anyone.
Love the picture of you discovering the Uggs. Adorable. And I'm proud you posted one of you on Christmas morning. Mine go into a file called "trash".
My other fav pic is of Brad looking at Buddy and Buddy looking at you with the camera. PRECIOUS. I think Tony would like Josie more if she were a boy. I wanted a boy but he said, "I don't want any little penises running around here." So a girl we got. I guess big penises are okay.
What fun gifts from the in-laws! They must encourage your wine loving if you're marrying their son, right? GREAT in-laws. ;)
Great post, Dee!

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all had a great Christmas!!!

Monica said...

I'm laughing right now because I got Uggs too. Which ones did you get? Also, my fiance has that soccer game that you gave Brad. He loves it! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! We also started a new tradition of our own this year, and I, like you, was sad not to be with my parents, but realized that Bobby and I needed to start our own family traditions. We met up with the rest of the family later in the day after having our own Christmas at home!

starnes family said...

Looks like a great holiday!

I love that my 9 year old son and your fiance got the same gift....Fifa Soccer. :)