Friday, October 23, 2009

TGIF!

So very glad it's Friday! After last weekend's move I need a little R&R!
Brad headed up to DC yesterday for his bachelor party weekend and I’m heading to the mountains to hike and look at the pretty foliage.

BTW – I’ve had several people ask me how I feel about his bachelor party. I respond “Should I be feeling anything? I could really care less.” I guess there’s a lot of anxiety over strippers and shenanigans but I have to honestly say I’m pretty secure…and trusting.

Moving on…..

So, me and my hiking bestie Kelli B. are heading up to the Blue Ridge Parkway more specifically Asheville. A colleague of mine is nice enough to let us use her vacation home for the weekend. YAY! This makes it SO MUCH easier than trying to find a pet friendly hotel that isn’t a total dump.

Our plans including a lot of hiking a trip to an apple orchard, a fabulous dinner somewhere in Asheville Saturday night.

I’ve been referring to my new favorite book Best Hikes with Dogs North Carolina for what trails we will do.

Saturday – if it doesn’t rain – we will do a 6-miler in the Craggy Gardens area called the Snowball Trail. Sunday we will go to that same area and the 3.2 miler Rattlesnake Lodge trail. I just adore this book – so nice to have where, when, what to wear, what you’re going to see and the best part – if it’s dog friendly. That means whether the trail is fit for a dog. I’ve been on several trails where Buddy has had to swim, I’ve had to carry him, etc… not fun stuff.

Now..our plan B for tomorrow if it rains in the high country?

Wine tasting and lunch at the Biltmore Estate. Just love going there. In my 8-years of living in NC – I’ve been there 8 times. Never gets old.. beautiful.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

SASS said...

Oh that sounds so fun! Take lots of pictures!

And I agree on the Bachelor Party. Tony and his buds are thinking about going to NOLA to party it up. So many girls have asked me if I'm "okay". Hell yes I'm okay. Should I care more?

Anonymous said...

I think I need this book.

Have fun!

The Lenzers said...

A nice, outdoor hike sounds wonderful...of course so does wine tasting!! enjoy!

donatelli98 said...

That sounds like a blast - both Plan A and Plan B! Totally agree with you on the bachelor party thing. Why marry someone if you don't trust him for a weekend?