This is my first 'Thoughts on Thursday' in 2012!
* The drastic shifts in weather around here lately have Brad and I fighting this cold/sinus thing. I'm so over it. I have MAJOR sinus pain and congestion today. He's worse than I am but the man won't take a sick day if his life depended on it. So....much like my Dad.
* I didn't mention it the other day but one of my New Year's
resolutions goals is take better care of me.
You may be wondering.. what the heck?
Well, I'm working on living in the moment and not thinking or worrying so much.
One of the ways I'm doing that is meditating but one of the other big ways I'm doing that is by quitting Facebook.
I actually quit about a month ago and it is by far the best thing I have ever done.
I don't need to know everything that is going on in different people's lives. I need to focus on me and Brad and our life instead of wasting so much time looking to see what other people are doing.
Granted, I've taken to Twitter(@DeNanner)since but I don't find it as distracting because it's mostly you bloggers that I follow and you're actually giving fun recipes and advice, not letting me know if you're child is sick.
I honestly can say I don't miss Facebook one bit. Not sure I'll ever log back on. Time will tell.
* Another new thing for me this year is that I added a Calorie Counter app on my phone. I have heard Brad talk about it for weeks and it's pretty cool.
Keeps you in check for sure!
I'm not really looking to lose a ton of weight but instead focus on being healthy and eating cleaner foods. Granted losing weight would be a bonus but I'm not going to make it some obsession.
* Last year I made a Shutterfly book recapping our year. I want to do that again but after making my Mom's book for Christmas not sure I really 'feel' like it.
* And, last but not least I found these pictures on my computer a few weeks ago.
They are old but thought I would share.
The first week in October Brad and I took the niece and nephew on their first zoo trip ever!
I wasn't feeling very good that day so I didn't take a lot of pictures like I generally do but here are the three that did turn out.
Cute or what?
Hope you all are having a great Thursday!