Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! And..meeting up with blogger b/f/f

Happy 2012!
We've been on the road for the past 5-days and I have so much to share.
Pictures and stories from our visit with family and friends in Richmond and the DC area, and our friend's amazing wedding and New Year's Eve in downtown Baltimore.

I've been noticing that a lot of bloggers are posting about their New Year's resolutions.
I'm not going to go on and on but, I will share two of my goals this year.
 One is for Brad and I to join a church and the second is to simply live in the moment.
Oh...of course, eat better, exercise more and relax.

YAY for 2012!!!
 As I mentioned, we've been on the road all week and got a chance to catch up with a lot of people.
Including my blog b/f/f, I Do Declare!
As you know we've met a couple of times before.
Once this Summer and then a weekend this Fall we went to Williamsburg.
BUT..we've been eager to have our husbands meet.
She and her husband live in Maryland and sincet we were in Baltimore for a wedding this week, we decided to meet up for a late lunch on NYE.
A friend suggested Mama's on the Half Shell in the Canton area of Baltimore.
 It was super cute and reminded me of some of the restaurants in the historic district in Boston.
 And, they make one mean, BIG fish and chips!
Can you believe this?
 Of course, the lunch was as fun and easy as I had expected!
 Some of my non-blogger friends like to make fun of the whole 'blog world'.
But, I'm here to tell you that you can meet some great people and friends.
Brad told me afterwards that I had 'done good' in meeting I Do Declare and her husband.
Such a great way to kick off New Year's Eve!
We hope to see them again soon!
Come visit!
Tomorrow, I'll share the pictures and stories from the rest of our trip.
Until then, enjoy the rest of your New Year's Day.

5 comments:

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Oh, I'm so glad you two got together.

What a great place.

Happy, Happy New Year!!

You two are two of my favs.

Unknown said...

What fun, one of my besties lives in Canton. We spent Christmas Eve at their house, what a small world!?! Glad y'all all got together!! Wishing you the very best in 2012

Ashley said...

OMGOSH TO THAT fish n chips! I just showed Andrew that photo. He said he hasnt found a good fish n chips in America yet.
ANd, my real life friends make fun of blogger friends too :)

donatelli98 said...

Love Brad's comment! He and Mr. ESPN (Dennis) would get along so well! We have to meet up some day!

Deviled Megs said...

Did you love Canton? I used to live in that neighborhood and always thought is was pretty darn cute.