Sunday, September 25, 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is...

This was our first weekend home in several weeks and let me tell you -- it's nice to be home.
As much as I love to 'go and blow', I love staying put too.
As I mentioned last week, my old friend Alicia decided to visit this weekend.
I'll have all the deets on that tomorrow but today I thought I would share a few pictures of the house as I was getting it ready for her visit.

A house guest is the best excuse to pick up fresh flowers.
I love the added peppers.
It makes it more Fall-like.
 Remember when I asked for your opinion about pillows?
Well, they arrived just in time for our house-guest.
I was able to find the down pillow forms at Pottery Barn.
You can see some of my other Fall-decor too.
 I'm going to add a few solid color pillows too.
 A house guest is another excuse to make Fall muffins.
My plan was to make these pumpkin muffins Hopsy posted on her blog last week but I too had major problems finding canned pumpkin.
After 3 stores I gave up and my Mom suggested using applesauce.
They were super yummy and easy!
Three ingredients: yellow cake mix, applesauce and pecans.
Bake for 20-minutes at 350
They were very moist, you simply have to try them!
 Even Buddy liked them!
We also made homemade pizzas Friday night too for her visit and they were tasty as usual but I didn't take any pictures.
That's all I have for today, it's rained a majority of this weekend and I'm not ready to go back to work.
More tomorrow!

8 comments:

The Lenzers said...

totally making those muffins this week, they look yummy! Where did you get your pillows? I am in need of some new ones myself

April of Smidge Of This said...

I really do love how those pillows turned out. They look fantastic with the rug and furniture. The best accessory in the den, however, has got to be sweet Buddy in his bed on the fireplace! Too cute!

PS - Are the flowers from the farmers market? They are gorgeous.

I Do Declare said...

Pillows look great. I heart Buddy!

love jenny xoxo said...

I really like your pillows! Your house looks lovely!! And I've been craving muffins lately, must be that time of year :)

XOXO

Monica said...

I love the pillows! In fact, I gave my mom the link to Etsy where you got them and she ordered some too! Buddy is so cute! Love him on his Buddy bed. Muffins look DELISH! Can't wait to hear about your weekend!

Lyns said...

your place looks great! love the fall flowers.

Sara said...

Pillows turned out great!

Apple sauce is also a good ingredient to use in place of oil in recipes. Cuts out the fat. :)
Those muffins look scrumptious!

starnes family said...

I love the additions of the pillows......just a little bit of funky design in a classic room. Well done!