Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap and a 'Break Through'

This weekend really felt like the beginning of summer and it's full force ahead from here!!

Can you believe it's almost the end of May? Geez.. seems like it was just Christmas and I was sending out wedding invites!

Here we go....
The weekend started on Friday night where I met blogging friend Britney! She was even cuter in person and has skin to die for!! How cool that we had a few drinks at the NOLA inspired restaurant Razoos!!

Then after a trip to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning we started our Aunt and Uncle weekend and picked up the niece and nephew!(BIL and SIL had a party to go to)

Here they are...Reed and Paige -- headed to the lake. Buddy had to sit in my lap in the front seat! I was quite furry by the time we arrived.

Speaking of Buddy - it was his 5th birfday on Saturday. I had big plans to make cupcakes and have the kids throw him a party but I chose to drink wine and look at art instead on Friday night.

My MIL did have him a gift though! The kids sang Happy Birthday to the pooch!

Then we hit the lake with the kiddos! Here's Reeders on the ski boat. Last summer he wasn't much about the water.

He would just sit on the boat and stare straight ahead. This year(now that he's almost 4-years old)..he's getting more comfortable.

Paige..

Reed had his first official swim lesson on Saturday morning before we picked them up. Again, last year -- he would barely get into the lake.

Now....check this out!! Uncle Brad is not even holding him!! The beginning of the 'break through'!! We praised him and he could not have been happier!

Later in the day our friends Stephan and Eileen came up to hang out.

Eileen is a high school principal and former swim teacher. She started working with Reed in the water and got him to kick his way all the way to the buoy!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is big kids. I'm not sure I would want to go all the way out there! LOL! Again, lots of praise!

Meanwhile, Paige was basking in the sun. We were so afraid her face was getting burned so I gave her my hat. Come to find out - baby girl was just hot!

Sunday morning - more boats rides. This time on the pontoon(or as I like to call them - party barge).

Then afterwards Reed told Uncle Brad he wanted to ride the jet ski!?? Brad figured he would just sit on it.
Here's how it went down:
--Reed -- not too sure about getting on - even though he asked. Look at his face!
Uncle Brad convinces him though.

He explains to him that it's just like his John Deere tractor. No big deal...right?

Then off they go. Uncle Brad went slow and figured they would just float around the cove.

So Proud!! Then I yelled-- take him out in the lake!!

and off they went!! Look at their faces!

On the way back in!! BREAK THROUGH weekend. We figure Reed will be jet skiing by himself before the end of the summer!(just kidding).

Fun weekend fo sho!
This week is jam packed! Cocktails with friends, Wicked and then I head to West VA for a baby shower for bestie Kathleen. Yes, I know.... I don't like baby showers but it's for a first child and I wouldn't miss it because it's for Kat!!
Ciao!

11 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Where in the world did May go?? I was just thinking that the other day.

Sigh.

Yes, let's plan something soon. This weekend is out as is Memorial Day. Maybe June?

starnes family said...

Looks like a great weekend. Glad you survived with the kids. It's good practice!

Happy you got to meet Britney, too.

Have a great day!

donatelli98 said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Reminds me of when I was younger spending time at the lakes in FL and jet skiing!

Sara said...

Love lake season!!! Can't wait.
Was the water not cold??? I'm a wimp when it comes to that. Love the pictures of those 2 boys on the jet ski. So cute!

If the shoe FITZ said...

yeah for Reed so exciting!

Unknown said...

I was so proud of him, thanks to you guys for giving him a nice push. He needed it. Now he'll be dying to spend all summer at the lake.

Thanks again, love all the pics!

The Jones Family said...

Thanks for the sweet compliments! I had a great time chatting with you and you were even more beautiful in person!

What a fun weekend on the lake! Way to go Reed!

Alayna said...

how cute!!! also can't believe Buddy is 5 - whoa!

teresa-bug said...

We are so lucky to have lakes near us...aren't we?? My parents have a jet ski and a pontoon boat, but we don't use it as often as we should. But now I am itching to.
Maybe we should have Charlotte blogger meetup?

Allyson and Dave said...

Those little ones are a lot braver than me when it comes to the lake. I am deathly afraid of lakes but love the ocean. I will not even stick a toe in the lake. I don't like water I cannot see through. Looks like you all are the cool Aunt and Uncle!!

The Lenzers said...

see buddy is taking a back seat already (all though technically he was in the front). looks like a blast. yall will be great parents!