Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tea Time!

I'm on a tea kick these days. It happens every few years with me. I diss the coffee bean and go for the tea.

It makes me feel good when sometimes coffee does not. Anyone else experience that?

Throughout the years I've developed tea favorites including one concoction that I thought I would share with you guys.

First off -- this is the best tea bag ever!! My friend Dawn introduced me to probably ten years ago.
Good Earth tea - the original.

WOW! Try it and I promise you won't be disappointed. A bit of sweet and spicy and without any sweetners!! I haven't had it in a year or so but saw it at Trader Joe's last night and snatched some up. I'm sipping on a cup now!

My next favorite? A concoction that my yoga instructor in Las Vegas turned me on to. She told me to make it and drink it first thing when you wake up BEFORE you eat anything. It helps get rid of toxins and helps me rid of bloat.

It's an acquired taste but you should try it! My Mom drinks it everyday! I haven't drank this in probably a year but have decided to start back in hopes that it will help me shed a few pounds.

Here's the recipe:

#1. Steep a bag of ginger root tea(or some other sort of ginger tea works too)

#2. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar(it's best to use this kind with The Mother..it's the best for you)




#3. A pinch of sea salt(no subsitute for this..don't use regular salt)

WAH-LAH!!
Do you have any favorite teas or crazy drinks??

6 comments:

The Jones Family said...

We are addicted to Arnold Palmer's in this house!

I go through waves of drinking nothing but at meals. I drink coffee in the winter for sure but love tea in the summer!

Coco said...

I drink water all day. But have to have my coffee.

If that special tea makes you lose weight, you know I will give it a shot!!!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

I live in Charlotte, as well.

The Rand's said...

I will try practically anything to rid me of bloat!! Thanks!

I tried putting acv in my water the other day, and I almost puked right then and there. Ewww!!

Sara said...

I hate tea. Have never liked it in all my life. Wish I did. However - I've started making myself drink Arnold Palmers lately and I can tolerate those. In fact, I even kind of like them! I'm mostly a water girl though.

Fergie swears by a few tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar everyday. I saw an interview with her where she discussed that.

麗威麗威 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.