Monday, June 22, 2009

The Most Beautiful Place I've Ever Seen...


One of my co-workers and good friends just got back from their family vacation to the Grand Canyon. I’ve talked with her several times during their vacation, since she’s been back and again this morning. I just love talking about it because it is hands down the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to.

It was March of 2001 the first and only time I’ve ever visited. Me and my Mom drove from Vegas down to the park for a weekend trip. Neither of us had ever been there before but had seen pictures, videos, etc. of the park. I will never forget when we got there…..my Mom had dozed off on the shuttle and I looked over and thought OMG!!!!!!!!!! I tapped her and said ‘Mom, LOOK how big and beautiful!’

We spent 3-days there hiking, picnicking, taking pictures and just taking in the beauty. It was so hard for me to believe that this was natural and what it must have been like for the guys who originally happened onto it!?

I planned on traveling back to the Canyon this last year to hike to the Havasupai Tribe Village and stay 3-nights there with friends and hike to Havasu Falls, etc..
The trip got canceled though after the big flood this last August that nearly took the village out and caused it to be closed until only recently. I hope to reschedule that trip within the next year or so though.

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? What were your thoughts? What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been to?

Happy Monday!

Me and my Mom having a picnic on the West Rim.

3 comments:

starnes family said...

We're going on our way back from the beach! Can't wait....in just a few weeks.

Cuz we're the Griswolds!

Unknown said...

Interlaken Switzerland...hands down. I could live there, so beautiful.

Coco said...

My family did a Grand Canyon road trip. Camped for four days out there and then rented a condo in Crested Butte.

I wish I would of apprciated it more. I was a sophmore in high school and had broken up with my boy friend the day before. So I listened to Chicago on my walk man the whole time.

It will for sure be a family vacation destination for us!!