Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Feeling Good and Weddings

Happy Humpday!

Gosh I feel awesome today! It’s the fourth day of the soup diet and I can tell that the detox is working! I’ll give my final results late tomorrow as it will be my 5th and last day of the 7day diet.

We leave tomorrow afternoon for California where I will be a bridesmaid in my old friend Beth’s wedding up in Incline Village, NV(Lake Tahoe). Which brings me to the topic of weddings.

If you’ve seen the movie ’21 Dresses’ – you might remember that she had been in all kinds of weddings. Well, everyone seems to think that I’ve been in a million weddings but actually I haven’t compared to a lot of my other friends.

The good thing is – the weddings that I’ve actually been a bridesmaid are not just friends I’ve met in the past 2 or 3 years but old friends. Friends whom I make an effort to always keep in touch with no matter distance or differences in life(kids, etc.)

As I mentioned when I first started my blog the wedding I’m in this weekend is my friend Beth’s whom I met back in 1990 when we were in Miss Teen of America together. She was Miss Teen of Washington and throughout the years we’ve kept in touch writing, visiting, etc. and that’s been for nearly 20 years!

All in all though after this weekend I will have been in 6 weddings(as a bridesmaid..I was a flower girl once but I don’t count that). They are: my brother’s wedding, Gina, cousin Lance, Alicia, Kathleen and now Beth.

Here are couple of my favorite pictures from 3 of my good friend’s weddings I was in. ENJOY!

More tomorrow!

Kathleen's wedding on Lake Eerie - July 2008

She had all of us do a dance to surprise the guests!

2nd lining to "When the Saints Go Marching In"
Alicia's wedding - New Orleans - December 2006

The bridal party.

Gina's wedding - Baton Rouge, LA - December 2001

The bridal party..


5 comments:

Coco said...

I can't wait to hear about your soup diet results. I might give it a try.

I was a bridesmaid 11 times!!! 11 times!!! That is why Adam and I ran off to get married.

starnes family said...

Dee, I can only imagine your being the best bridesmaid ever. And, just think of how fabulous your wedding will be with all this first hand knowledge!

donatelli98 said...

Nice pictures - have a great time. I personally love being a bridesmaid - so much fun and none of the stress!

The Lenzers said...

no one ever wanted me in their wedding except my sister and i am sure my mom made her!!! oh well. so i just heard on E that Kendra is prego!!! How will that work out for the show? All though they are probably through filming already.

Kaycubs said...

I'm getting ready for my 7th-- 4th as a maid/matron of honor