Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Recap

Action packed weekend! I could have called in sick to work today just to continue to sleep but, of course, I have a stellar work ethic and haven't done that since my days in TV news.

The weekend started out with meeting our friends Tamera and Sean for the Barenaked Ladies concert.
Widespread Panic was playing in town too over the weekend but I gave Brad a break and we went to BNL instead.

Here we are before the show enjoying a few beers. I know Tamera from my days at Fox Charlotte. She's a Mommy to twin girls and a 5-month old little boy now and is a SAHM.


Not a good picture but this is her hubby Sean.

Now for the review of BNL. The show was at the NC Amphitheater(which is new in this neck of the woods). It was our first time to the venue and we LOVED it! We will be back.
As for the show...it was okay. As many of you might know -- one of the lead singers isn't with the band anymore.
Again, not a bad show just not awesome..

Hubby and I during the concert. At least it wasn't a thousand degrees here in Charlotte on Friday night.

Saturday we decided to go back up to my in-laws lake house. They had old family friends in town that they wanted me to meet.
Check out MIL. This is her FAVORITE pasttime. I think she has a dozen ducks that come for feedings twice a day.
She has names for all of them. Fred, Ethel, Aflac, etc..

The kids really enjoy it when they're up there and can help feed too.

This bird we don't like.
Ugly and mean. He's a bully. My MIL says he's a type of bird called a Muskogee?

Sweet Mary.
Her and her new hubby are such nice people. They live at Colonial beach and we will totally be going to visit them!
Buddy was obsessed with Mary. Seriously, I thought he was going to jump in the car and leave with her.

He liked Warren equally. I think dogs know 'dog people'. Don't you??

A little bit about Warren..
He's A.DIE.HARD.YANKEES.FAN
Check out his Yankees Tommy Bahama shirt. I've never even seen anything like this.

Not a cheap purchase but worth it for a Yankee fan.
It has all their championships listed on the back including 2009. I asked if Tommy Bahama was a Yankees fan?
He said..no...I think he just knew he could make some money off of them?

That's all I have for today. Cabbage Soup it is!! I need a DETOX after this weekend!! ;)

14 comments:

Little Match Girl said...

Looks like a fun weekend (even tot his Red Sox fan!).

Mrs. Potts said...

Great picture of you & Brad at the concert. We haven't been there yet, but maybe sometime? Love the earrings!

SASS said...

Ah, I love and hate weekends like this! Relaxing, fun, a mini vacay. Makes Monday mornings brutal!!
Love the duck feeding story :)

The Jones Family said...

FUN weekend! Shows how much I've kept up with BNL, had no idea...

The Soladay Family said...

Love the pic of you and Brad at the concert too! Really good.

Your little Buddy is awesome. =)

The Lenzers said...

ok, that duck is just freaky looking! glad you had a fun weekend

Summer Athena said...

pretty lady! you look great. why are you doing the CSD? you don't need it!

MCW said...

The CSD sounds so gross. But could for you for trying it!

The Rand's said...

Always fun to find a new venue to love! Cute shirt at the concert!

Good luck with the soup thing. Not sure I could handle that!!

starnes family said...

That is a really cute picture of you and Brad. Glad yall had a good weekend.

Tommy Bahama! Never seen it.

Melissa said...

Looks and sounds like a fabulous weekend!

Jen said...

What a fun concert! And that pic of you and the hubs... adorable!!

Coco said...

We have a duck like that at our park and it is sooooo gross looking. Poor guy looks like he has small pox.

LOVE BNL, I have seen them several times and I didn't realize one of the lead singers was gone. Boo.

Sara said...

Those ugly ducklings are always the mean ones. It must be in the nature. I'd probably be a bully too if I looked like that :)

Glad you had a fun weekend!!