Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthdayed Out

Fabulous birthday weekend fo sho!
Brad gets the 'best hubby' award for all that he did!

Since hubs gets every other Friday off and this happened to be his Friday off...he started with.

WAIT FOR IT!

Cleaning the whole house!! I got home from work to a clean house and this.

(Don't mind how bad I look. I didn't dress up for work too much that day)

A bike and a bag of 'treasures'.

Treasures as in fun dollar store stuff that Brad knows I like. Such as? These dryer balls! Has anyone tried these?
My Mom swears by them.
Also in the bag my favorites: gum, hand sanitizer, and chapstick.

AND!! A bottle of some of my favorite wine. Can't beat Franciscan.

Then off to a nice dinner at The Fig Tree. Another one of my favorites in my old neighborhood.

Then Saturday morning - a 10-mile bike ride along Charlotte's Four Mile Creek Greenway.

Nice indeed! We even saw several deer along our ride.

But.. at the very end of the ride -- I like a dumbass fell off my bike. Can you say RETARDED?
Here's the damage. Not too bad..

A little fall didn't stop us though! We went and tailgated for the Panthers vs. Titans game. We met up with some of my old neighbors.

We had planned on going to the game but opted out after standing in the sun. Instead we watched it at a bar with friends.

Then the weekend was topped off with dinner last night at Mez with my friend Kelli followed by seeing Eat, Pray, Love. LOVED the movie and dinner! Thanks to Kelli and to Brad for a fantabulous weekend!
I am officially birthdayed out!!
Now - a week of work and then I'm headed to St. Simons Island this weekend for a girls trip with cousin Alayna and several others traveling in from all over. Can't wait! Now - if only Earl will stay away!

13 comments:

starnes family said...

Hope Earl keeps his distance. Happy Birthday!

Little Match Girl said...

Happy Birthday!!!

donatelli98 said...

Happy Birthday - glad it was so good. I couldn't help but laugh when you said you fell! Totally something I would do - and Mr. ESPN would bust up laughing at me!

DSS said...

What a wonderful birthday weekend! Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm so glad it didn't slow you down :)

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a fabulous weekend. What a nice hubby ;)

I need to see eat pray love very soon.

Monica said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Happy Birthday!

teresa-bug said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! My friend wants to go to Fig Tree for her bday...if I get a job.

MCW said...

What a fun weekend. Fig Tree sounds yummy!

Sara said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!! Trey and I need to dust off our bikes and start riding. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Sounds like you have another fun weekend in store- yay!!

The Lenzers said...

hey grace....glad your weekend was a blast! and here's to good weather this coming weekend!

Allyson and Dave said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

The Jones Family said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend! :)

The Rand's said...

What a fun birthday weekend! Love your new bike!