Wednesday, May 23, 2012

19 Years Later...

I'm going to be honest...
I haven't kept in touch with a lot of the people I went to high school with in Arkansas.

In case you don't know, I moved my 10th grade year from Louisiana up to Arkansas.
So, I was the newbie in town and while I had friends and a crowd I ran around with, all I could ever think about was moving back to Louisiana and being with all my best friends there.
I did just that after high school graduation.
I left 2-months later to go to Louisiana State University and never looked back.
Granted, I visited because Hot Springs is literally where all my extended family lives as did my parents for quite some time, but I didn't make an effort to keep in touch with friends from Lake Hamilton High School.
(high school homecoming my junior year)
.........Then Facebook was invented........
And, 19-years later I find myself having lunch with one of those old friends.
Crazy stuff.
I literally haven't seen Nancy since graduation day but when I saw her FB post about being in Charlotte I knew it was destiny!
Nancy and I are one of the few people in our high school class that left Hot Springs and never moved back.
Not to mention, one of the few people who don't currently have children graduating from high school either!!

Nancy lives in Orange County, CA and has been working in television just like me for the last 10-years!
So fun to catch up and hear about each others lives as adults!
I told her next time I'm in Cali for work I'm looking her up!
(BTW - in the picture at the top Nancy is the 4th one from the left on the back row and I'm sure you find me in the second row)

7 comments:

MCW said...

That has got to be my favorite picture of all times. I think I have one just like it!

I Do Declare said...

Very fun! Love that y'all reconnected! When I see people say they are in DC on Facebook, I'm not always quick to reach out, but I probably should.

Sarah O said...

How fun! Facebook can be useful.

The Jones Family said...

Lake H, love it! How much fun is that. My most favorite thing about FB is seeing old friends and getting to keep up with everything :)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Neat story. And it's neat that you both are in television.

Anonymous said...

Dee,

That is so great that you were able to re-connect with old friends!

I also wanted to let you know about a great giveaway from Shabby Apple that I'm hosting right now! Hope you enter!

Lauren

http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-shabby-apple.html

Wiz said...

LOVE that picture! Its so fun to look back. Facebook is great for reconnecting sometimes!