Wednesday, May 30, 2012

13-Weeks Pregnant

First off -- THANK YOU guys so much for all your sweet comments yesterday!
During our journey I promised myself that if it ever did happen I would NEVER forget what we have been through or what others are STILL going through.
For me every pregnancy announcement stung.
I hope that mine was a little different giving what we've been through.

I'm 13-weeks pregnant today, our actual due date is December 5th so I'm officially in my second trimester.
For the record - I don't plan on this becoming a pregnancy blog but I will share things here and there and hope that you all will stick around. 
For those who are still trying, I'll understand if you delete me from your reading list.
Not going to lie, I did the same thing during our journey.
I have kept a private blog for myself and have documented everything so far, I'll be sharing a few of those posts including when we shared the news with our parents.

The big question I keep getting is, 'how are you feeling?'.
Well, in the past week a lot better than I had been.
The first trimester for me included a lot of the nagging nausea feeling(without actual vomiting), and extreme exhaustion.
Believe it or not though, even with all of that I have pushed myself to keep up my 5-days a week walking 2-miles routine.
Some days were better than others but I hope to be able to keep this up as long as a I can.
I have found that it makes me feel better both physically and emotionally.
I'm still in regular clothes but I am starting to show.
Over the Memorial Day weekend at the lake we had Robyn(SIL)take our first official prego pictures for us.
Here's take #1.
And, take #2.
I think you can see my little belly better in this picture.
There's so much more to tell!
I feel like I having been keeping the biggest secret ever, and I guess I have!
Stay tuned for details of an upcoming 'babymoon' in just 2-weeks, a gender reveal party and more!
Thanks again, I truly feel like the luckiest girl alive!!

26 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Congratulations...that’s fantastic news! You look amazing. xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations !! YOu look so cute! And i love your dress!

mrs.mfc said...

Love the belly!

The Pink Growl said...

You are so cute! I'm so happy for you!

KTBFerg said...

Thank you for being so caring and so honest! You look fantastic!

love jenny xoxo said...

How cute is your tiny baby bump!!! Can't wait to hear more :)

XOXO

donna said...

You look great! Adorable baby bump.

MCW said...

I love that dress. I think I told you before that I tried it on and it didn't work.

And the baby bump is adorable :)

Carolina Charm said...

YAY for 13 weeks! This post makes me so happy!

donatelli98 said...

Brad is glowing!! LOL - you both look great and so happy!!

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

Congrats! You have that beautiful pregnancy glow. Excited to hear more about your journey. xo

If the shoe FITZ said...

I walked two miles too. Twice a week and the other days I did water aerobics. It felt so good. I really think it helped me feel better all around. I walked up until like A week or so before I delivered. I was the healthiest I had prob been in my whole life. No booze no caffeine. Regular exercise.
Now this time around is a different story!!

Ashley said...

I am so happy for you! I'm really looking forward to reading your posts about the baby! :)

Kate said...

WEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm SO happy for you!! Personally, I'd love for your blog to become a pregnancy blog. I get so giddy for everyone who becomes pregnant that I just LOVE reading along and following that exciting journey. You deserve to document every detail for your little peanut!

Emily Popovich said...

Conrats, Dee - cute bump. We won't stop reading the blog but I sure hope this year is the year for our second baby, too. It sure is a rough journey. Keep prayin :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you, Dee! What a great gift! And on a completely different note, I love your dress. It's so cute! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lauren
http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Leigh Powell Hines said...

You look glowing. So excited for you. Adorable in that dress.

starnes family said...

Smiling ear to ear. :)

Jonni said...

You are sticking that out! Congratulations! Your story is so much like John Casey's, and so funny I remember telling you that story about his "Ebenezer". I remember that "sting" you speak of and how much it hurt not to have my own for 30 long years.. but they are worth the wait! And Emory promises to be a good big-cousin!

Jenny DB said...

I'm a Dec 3 ... maybe i will share a baby with your bundle! Love the pics, SUCH a cute top too :-)

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable! Hello cute baby bump! I'm can't stop smiling for you all. So happy I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore! :-)

Wiz said...

You are GLOWING in the pictures! So happy for you :) I always had the hardest time keeping it a secret and would usually let it slip to a couple people :) I know how you feel though that it is a relief when you finally tell everyone! Has it been hard to cook? That was the worse for me. I went from cooking all the time to quitting. I just couldnt do it anymore!

Dee said...

Girl, you're glowing. Pregnancy looks wonderful on you!

The Rand's said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby! You look so happy! Enjoy!!!!

The Rand's said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby! You look so happy! Enjoy!!!!

Sunshine In The City said...

Dee I'm just now getting caught up on my blog reading and this is the most wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Brad!!! I know its been so hard for you lately and I think its just wonderful that you kept going and kept believing! Congratulations again I'm so overjoyed for you!!!