Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Fun

The weekend is almost over.
I heart weekends.
I wish they lasted longer.
Oh well.

The fun got started after work on Friday night when we met up with a couple of bloggers and their significant others for dinner at Vivace.

I had  been there once before but never for a full dinner.
It was GREAT! We sat outside with a view of Uptown/Downtown Charlotte.
I ordered the veal with ravioli and it was superb! The whole experience was great but I will say that the service could have been better.
Here's the whole group! The guys were funny about it being a 'blogging' dinner but everyone really had a great time. I hope to meet up with them again soon.
From left to right --Andrew and Lauren(she doesn't have a blog yet but we're still trying to convince), me and Brad, Annie and Kevin, and Lauren and hubby Thomas.
Saturday we were up early with our run to the Farmer's Market and multiple other stores.  Then Brad went and hit the links with some friends and I attended our Jr. League appreciation tea.
It was for leadership members and I think the committee did a great job!
Aside from tea there were peach Bellini's and mimosas. Yum!
Me and a few of my favorite ladies including my cutie co-chair who is expecting twin boys!
Then Saturday night our friends invited us over to grill and chill.
Introducing Josh and Katie.
We met them a few months ago and we seriously could not have met a better couple.  They're getting married New Year's Eve weekend in Baltimore at this lovely place and we will be there to help ring in the New Year with them. Can't wait!
Josh is originally from Arkansas, like my extended family, and we even know some of the same people. He's a Hog fan but as you know, even though I spent my last 3-years of high school in Arkansas, I grew up in Louisiana and returned to LSU.
That makes me a NON Hog fan. LOL!
Katie made a yummy sangria
And Josh made kabobs and we grilled corn too. Love this time of the year when the produce is abundant!
Oh..have to leave you with this photo.  We thought it was hysterical that Josh has a PIMP cup in his house. Good times..
That was a weekend for the most part.
Brad is downstairs making lasagna for dinner and I think I will steam some asparagus as well.
How was your weekend?

8 comments:

I Do Declare said...

You are looking saucy in that sweater!!! Happy Monday!

donatelli98 said...

Looks like a fun weekend!!

The Jones Family said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Weekends are never long enough :(

Annie said...

We had so much fun with yall! Brad is a hoot!

Jenny DB said...

Mmm I love Mimosas. And that pimp cup! :-)

starnes family said...

Had a great one!

We made Sangria for Jack's birthday party. So good!

Love all the blogger meets.

You look great, Dee! Cute sweater.

MCW said...

There is nothing like a pimp cup to get the party started! That is hysterical. Love it.

Nikki said...

Fun weekend! The food looks so yummy.