The Summer is almost officially here!
I consider Memorial Day the start even though the calendar says something else.
This weekend Brad and I spent the weekend at the lake and a few of our friends joined us.
Low-key and nice.
Blogger isn't cooperating but here's a picture of Amanda who brought the cutest fish cookies from her favorite bakery in Charlotte.
Perfect for the lake - don't you think?
We really just chilled out.
Floated, took boat rides, grilled, drank, talked and soaked up the sun.
The only 'sucky' part of the weekend was a gas can tipping over in my JEEP.
It was an accident but wow..wow..oh..wow does it stink.
Brad put baking soda on it, among other things but it doesn't seem to have solved the odor.
Let me know.
'Captain Brad'. Good Times.
The weather was great too even though it's starting to get really hot here!
In other news:
* Our tenants in my old condo near downtown told us Friday that they're moving out. They are breaking their lease early. So, we're putting the place but up for rent on August 1st. Great. Just a pain in the butt. It is what it is though. (Update:they called this morning and said they're not moving out after all. Thank Heavens!)
* It's a big weekend here in Charlotte. It is race week! There are three NASCAR races held in Charlotte each year and one was this weekend and next weekend. There is even a big festival with concerts in downtown Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
* Speaking of this next weekend. We have a packed agenda. One of those concerts on Friday, a friend's 10th wedding anniversary party at their ranch, the lake and our nephew Reed's 5th birthday!
* Our Summer calendar is starting to book up. I think we have plans for the next 3 weekends.
* Actually our calendar for the Fall is starting to get booked too. Two LSU games are part of our plans. LSU plays West Virginia in Morgantown and two sets of our friends are WVU fans so we'll go with them. Also, LSU plays TN in Knoxville. Brad has family there.
Good Times Ahead!!
* I've been catching up on Housewives tonight and I have to say that the Jersey season opener with the brawl at the baptism reception IS RIDICULOUS!!
Well, that's all I have for tonight. Happy Sunday!