Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gallery Wall Update

I'm not much of a decorator when it comes to the home.
Yes, some of you who read this blog may say different but all I do is see things I think I like, then I do exactly what I've always done.

The only thing in our home, other than Shelby's nursery, that I truly adore is our gallery wall up our steps.
 I dreamed and had a vision of this for YEARS!
I never had the guts to do it though.
It always made me totally nervous.

Then, right before Shelby was born I was on a mission to get it done no matter what.
The first attempt was a HUGE fail!
Now?
A year later???
WAH LAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I love it and am ready to fill the extra wall space.
Everyone really enjoys looking at the wall when they come and I know when we move I can incorporate this into any home we move into.
 I'm thinking we should extent for a bit then head to the other wall or the other hallway that you have yet to see in our home.
 Dramatic, don't you think?

6 comments:

Allena said...

We have a big hodge-podge of pictures above our couch in the living room that I love and I keep adding frames and just adjusting the overall look, except there are no pictures past Trent's 1-year pictures. There are ZERO framed pictures of Drew in the whole house. #momfail haha But now we plan to move in about a year (we're working with a builder now, so freaking excited) that I don't really see the point to update now.

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

I absolutely LOVE how this looks. I want to do one too. I am waiting for wedding pix at this point. I don't have a lot of decorating skills and figure if I've lived in my house for a year and a half already w/out hanging pix may as well waiting for the wedding now.

starnes family said...

I absolutely love it. We did this in our first house and had dozens and dozens of pictures. Makes me so happy!

Annie said...

Oh my gosh, I really like how it's turned out. You know I'm not crazy about gallery walls but I really like yours! It is dramatic but I love the statement it makes!

Anonymous said...

Love your gallery wall! It looks great in all black and white :) I'm hoping to do another one in our home. Last week I actually wrote a post related to this on my photography blog, if you want to check it out.

Ashley said...

It looks soo good! We have a collage wall but it sucks.