Thursday, June 18, 2009

Napa Days...


After the wedding festivities were done and over we headed down the mountain and into Napa Valley. As I’ve mentioned before I’ve been to the Napa area tons of times but seem to enjoy it more and more each time.

This was Brad’s first time though which made me very excited to see how he would react to this awesome, special place. Well… he liked it as much as I do even though at all times he won’t admit it.

I mean – who wouldn’t like drinking wine in a beautiful setting??

Our first stop was Flora Springs where my friend Jason from college(LSU) works. The winery was closed that day so it was an extra special, private tour which included a barrel tasting and then just hanging out with him.

The next day included a wine seminar at Franciscan winery and tour/educational tasting at Mondavi. These were set up for us by a friend here in town who owns a wine shop. Talk about cool?! I learned all kinds of things I didn’t know before!

All in all – a good time and a good buzz. My wine I purchased on the trip should be arriving any day. So I wouldn’t look like a big alcoholic I had half of them sent to my office and the other half sent to Brad’s.

Good times!
Here are few highlights..

Jason showing Brad the Flora Springs vineyards.

me and Jason. What a cool job he has!!

Barrel tasting in the cave! so fun!

Getting our sniff on at our wine education seminar.

Getting our picnic on at V. Sattui

Brad getting his swirl on...yes, he is a red wine fan now too!

Tasting at Mondavi.

Wait for it.............HYDRATE!

and time to drink another glass!

6 comments:

Coco said...

I am going to Napa for the first time next March. Can't wait!!!! Your pictures have me even more excited, and any tips and such you can give me will be awesome.

I'm going with a girlfriend. Not Adam.

Domestic Diva said...

Oh you are awesome! What a wonderful time. Can't wait to go again... Fabulous pictures!
xxx me

Allyson and Dave said...

Looks like fun!! I have always wanted to go to Napa Valley. We did the Winelands in South Africa and loved it. But they have mostly red wine there and I really like white. I think Napa might be my place!

starnes family said...

We loved V Sattui! Had a fabulous picnic there, too. And, the best turkey/cranberry sandwich and prawns. Love the pics.....y'all are the cutest couple!

donatelli98 said...

SO jealous - looks like a blast. I love Franciscan wines ... some dayt Mr. ESPN and I will go up there!

teresa-bug said...

My friend and I are going on a trip for our 40th bday. I SO want to go to Napa...but she doesn't. Seeing these photos makes me want to go even more!!!