Friday, April 11, 2014

Shelby....A, Delta Gamma????

I pledged Delta Gamma at LSU my freshman year and it is by far one of the best decisions I've ever made in my entire life.
My parents were skeptical about me joining a sorority but they now know it was great and I've made life long friends because of it.
 
Even after I left LSU, I've stayed involved with Dee Gee. Every city I've ever lived in, getting in touch with the local alumni group is one of the first things I've done.
There's a bond there and it's an awesome way to meet new people whom you have something in common with.
 
I've lived in Charlotte 12-years this next month so I have been involved with the Charlotte area Delta Gamma alumni group for that many years.
Some years I've been more involved than others.
Now that I'm getting ready to go sustainer in the Jr. League this next year, I'm vowing to do more with this group.
 
So, it started last night.
I hosted a volunteer event at our home where we put together final exam kit/treat bags for the collegians at NC State and Duke.
The group has been doing this for years and it's so fun.
 
Of course, we had to have snacks and cocktails!!
 Shelby was still up when all the ladies arrived and she was eager to help!!
It was adorable.
I love that I have a daughter that could possibly be a Delta Gamma one day.

Brad asked her at one point last night.
'Shelby, are you going to be a Dee Gee?'
WELL, I hope so!!
My little legacy helping out!

 
We had candy, highlighters, post it notes, gum, snacks, snacks and more snacks to stuff in the bags.
It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend a Thursday evening.

We put together more than 100 bags that will be delivered to the girls at the Duke and NC State chapters.


We never had anyone do something like this for us when we were in school but instead a few of the local moms would come in and deliver snacks for us while we studied.
Oh, to be in college again and be able to eat all this sort of junk!
Super fun night catching up with old friends and making some new ones.
I love this group and would urge anyone who isn't involved in their alumni group to do so.
Can't wait!
Happy Friday!!

5 comments:

Alayna said...

such a great idea! also love the glass plates:)

starnes family said...

Yay for Delta Gamma and I LOVE your hair!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

That is great that you are still so involved. I know there are a lot of AXO from Auburn in DC and I keep wanting to try to organize something but haven't. I would love to do something like this!

Monica said...

I loved getting study care packages in college!

Ashley said...

That is SO nice!