Wednesday, July 11, 2012

San Diego Trip Mega-Post

After returning home from the 4th of July, I jet-setted across the country to San Diego for my friend Christina's bridal shower.
I decided to fit the whole weekend into one post so hold on, it's a mega one full of pictures!

Christina and her fiancee' live in the sleepy beach town of Cardiff-by-the-Sea.
Truly cute as can be!
 The town is home to one of the San Diego's few campgrounds on the beach.
It was still pretty full since the holiday weekend was still in effect.
 Every morning we ventured down the street from their condo to the beach for a power walk.
Christina and her fiancee' Jeff were such GREAT hosts!
 It was a a cool 64-degrees for our morning walks!
Nice, compared to the triple digits I hear Charlotte was having at that same time!
 Better than the gym, if you ask me.
 On Saturday afternoon we made our way to San Diego's Balboa Park for lunch at Prado and a museum.
 Cute restaurant in the heart of the park.
I would suggest going if you're in the area.
After lunch Christina had us set up to take in the Titanic Exhibit that is making its way across the country.
I'm such a nerd for stuff like this.

Upon entering they give you a 'boarding pass'.
 On the back it tells you who you are and what your story is.
At the end of the exhibit you can see if you and your family survived.
Believe it or not, all 3 of us did!
The exhibit wasn't as extensive as I expected.
I guess I'm a spoiled by all the DC museums I've been too.
Even so, I would recommend seeing if it comes to your city.

After the park, we drove around for a bit.
Christina's fiancee Jeff gave me the grand tour of La Jolla including a drive through the Bird Rock neighborhood.
SOOOO NICE!
 Me at one of the neighborhood parks.
In some of the pictures from this trip I can really tell I've packed on the pounds.
My prego ta-tas are out of control and I'm almost scared to see what I have gained this next doctor's visit!
Maybe it's all in my head or the way I'm feeling(hormones), but maybe not?
I haven't gotten on a scale in a week or 2.
We will see.
....Moving On.....
Sunday was the bridal shower.
It was in Orange County so we got up and headed that way around lunch time.
Everything was lovely.
And, done in her wedding color of magenta.
 The bridesmaids did a GREAT job!
Monday rolled around and we had plans to meet up with my college sorority sister and fellow blogger Casey, from The Starnes Family, at the Hotel Del Coronado.
 A visit here is always fun and special.
So much history and charm!
We grabbed a place on the sun deck.
 And before too long Casey showed up!
SOO great to see her!
It has literally been since 1998 since we were last together.
She was my inspiration to start this blog.
Of course, 2 of her 3 children were in tow.
Jack Starnes..
 And, Lainey Caroline Starnes.
Both are precious as can be!
Casey was nice enough to bring Baby Stephens her first gift!!
Cute little girly outfits!!
So exciting!!
 Which then prompted me to buy her first hat.
So very fun!!!
In fact, the entire trip was fun!
Great friends, great weather and great scenery!
Thanks to Christina for having me and toting me around!!
Until Next Time!!

17 comments:

Leigh Powell Hines said...

What a great trip. That is an area that I've not been to yet.

Our history museum had the Titantic exhibit, and it was small. It's been so long now that I think Will and I split, 50-50 on survival. I thought that was a very neat way to honor people.

Leigh

MCW said...

That is a mega post :) Baby girl clothes! Yayee!

eas said...

What a fun trip! I love the hotel del! So sweet those outfits! I bet baby girl already has a closet full!

donna said...

What a lovely trip! If you are ever in the ATL area. Let me know, I definitely want to meet you!

Annie said...

Looks like an absolute blast. I bet you LOVED that weather out there!

I Do Declare said...

Fun trip!! Also, LOVE that BGS is already building a wardrobe!

Sarah O said...

I am so jealous of all your travelling! Looks like you had so much fun. P.S. I would totally love to go to the Titanic exhibit.

Ashley said...

Soo fun! You dont even look PG in many of the pics! STill looking so good. I would love the Titanic exhibit..that sounds fun :)

donatelli98 said...

So glad you all were able to meet up!! You still look fabulous to me!

Mandy said...

Love the mega post! I've been missing your posts!

Claire Kiefer said...

What a fun trip! So exciting that now that you know she's a girl, you can buy all kinds of adorable clothes. I think I'd go broke buying baby girl outfits!

The Preppy Student said...

you look so pretty in the lilly! what cute clothes for your girl! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

reporterturnedmommy.com said...

I wish I could have made it! I love that Christina is so close to the ocean....lucky girl! Looks like a great trip and you know how much I love the DEL!

Emily Popovich said...

I have to say, if you think your tatas are big now, wait until just AFTER you have baby girl... aye carumba! Mine looked like implants for a few months!

The Lenzers said...

it's ok to gain weight...your preggoo!!!!!! ENJOY it now. Your tata's are huge! I for one, loved that part, but they started small. Now they are just a sad saggy mess. Glad you got to see Casey and the kiddos!

starnes family said...

So fun! Loved the recap and loved seeing you. It's been too long!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Yay San Diego! You did A LOT. I love The Prado!